Saturday, July 28, 2012

Word to my single sisters who want men...

Ladies.  When I knew I was in want of a man - when I knew I needed to be with someone of the opposite sex - I turned - logically -  to the Internet.  I knew I did NOT want to meet a guy in a bar.  Church would have been great but I went to a very small church and frankly - pick ens were slim (but the guys were NOT)
So my search went far and wide on the w.w.w.

And my search ended well.  BUT ladies - I'm telling you there's a MORE better way (yeah I meant that).  TODAY.  I found the BEST - yes THE best place to find a man.  If Roger had not been holding my hand the whole time I'm pretty sure I'd be with someone named X  - from  . . . .

THE GUN SHOW!  


We went to the Dulles Expo center today for the gun show.  Dear LORD there was more testosterone flowing through that damn building than I could breathe in!  Men - Boys - really cute boys - Cops - Military - super cute - grey beards (yum) all of it SUPER MALE.  I'm sure that that was the safest place on the planet since every guy there wanted to protect or actively be protected.  I LOVE THAT SHIT.  If you hate guns you will hate what I have to say - but what happened in Colorado had nothing to do with gun laws -   Crazy people do dumb things every day and it sucks.  We are born to die.  Hopefully not badly or painfully but when we are born the clock starts and 2 or 92 we die.  It's the Corporeal body.  The cool thing is that if you believe in God and the eternal you know that if you are alive (fetus) you live forever.  Not everyone gets that or believes it and I personally prove nothing other than experience (mine) which is pretty freaking cool!
BUT guns are like really fast knives.  I can kill a whole bunch of people if I poison them.  You gonna outlaw Drano?  Anybody that wants to kill can.  It's a horrible thing.  I don't like rap but I guess no one dies - just my soul when I hear it . . but really? the gun was the inanimate object that did the will of the crazy person.  poison gas - fire - or you name the method - anything could kill people if someone is set to be bad.


I do not dislike firearms - in fact I respect them greatly.  I can't say I like them - I respect them.  I don't personally own one yet  - though, I will soon.  I was taught a lot of respect both for freedom and what cost it came from and for things of such magnitude as a child.  I can shoot and am actually pretty good - though my preferred weapon is a bow.  I am actually an accomplished archer - won an award in HS - (please leave your offering at the door)  But it's kind of hard to conceal carry a bow.  the quiver totally gets in the way.  So - considering where I live and I personally know 2 people who conceal every day - I'm in.  It's a test and I'm good.  I'm ready to be ready.  You want peace? prepare for war.  I'm not a dumb girl.  My body is strong and I am taking classes to make it stronger.  My mind is strong - I'm taking classes to make it stronger.

Don't mess with Texas is still my favorite slogan.  I guess that's why I love Texas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment