Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I can see clearly now . . .




Yeah.  I can.  If you are someone who knew me or were related to me you know I was the kid in glasses from 2nd grade on.  I really don't know how that feels since my kids haven't yet - though I feel it coming.  But I was.  My poor parents . . my confirmation present was contacts!  LORD in heaven you have no idea the freedom  (though each eye took 45 minutes of backing up from my own contact clad finger) I was blind as a freaking bat.  Forever it seemed.  Until T. decided enough was enough (okay - I actually asked for something that cost money) and he relented.  Enter Lasik.  Aislinn was barely weaned but I was on this like white on rice lest he change his mind - this was $1400 - a king's ransom as I saw it . . . ! Well a year in the making - to take me from blind to 15/20.  Both eyes needed tweeking -  it really was a long horrible process but end of day - I could see.  Clearly.  Up to about 2 yrs ago when I noticed I couldn't see at night.  Then as I began to spend hours at work on my computer I really couldn't see past my computer clearly.  I fought it.  God.  I had worn contacts from 12 to 31.  Glasses at 7.  This was not fun for me. 

But.  I had a good run.  I can see just not clearly without contacts or the cool Sarah Palin glasses that will make every 40+ man want me . . . LOL!

I just am grateful for the husband who quite literally shoved me out the door to go to the appointment and makes enough $$ that a years worth of contacts and a hot pair of glasses won't break us. 

I know my eyes are valuable and I should not have been such a baby but it was a point of contention for me.  For me bad eyes are not an age thing so it certainly wasn't a midlife crisis. . . it was GAH - NOT AGAIN - thing.  I wanted to never cross this bridge until I needed reading glasses from walgreens.  Yeah.  Well.  I can see clearly now - and my hubby is cute.  Though he does have that mole I never noticed before . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment