Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jambalaya and the jabberwok

So - after recovering from last night's PAINFEST (actually thought of selling tickets but really was just too bitchy to make change) I've been engrossed in a Lewis Carroll obsession.  I've always loved that crazy wacky pedophile (unproven though).  My next few posts may center around all things Carroll. Be warned.  Portmanteau's may fly unabashed in ginormous proportions.

BUT since I still am in marathon mode (yes I have this sick want to qualify for the Boston Marathon AGAIN - like FORREST meeting the President AGAIN - but I'll be too cool to grace it's presence).  Ok confession here - I only qualified by 2 minutes and then they changed the rules.  Missed it by a minute.  I won't actually run the stupid race -  since I HATE the Hoopla.  REALLY - I run because I like to and Richmond suits me nicely thankyouveryfuckingmuch.  One a year is nice.  I have a life and running and biking and kids "oh my" are just fine.  Lord I think I may actually need to finish a sentence here without paranthetic thoughts intruding. . .    I also cook.  Don't know if you've picked up on that before.  But besides madd sex skills and wild cool knitting prowess  - I feed people.   Though tonight I think I may have hurt someone.  Roger.  Poor man.  I haven't made my jambalaya in - - - okay a long time.  And I can pretty much drink straight lava and find it slightly unpleasantly warm. . . I think I underestimated the habanero power of the hot sauce.  I guess the proof will be sometime later . . .   And thank the stars in havana - we have a second bathroom.

So.  Katie's Jambalaya.

1 onion - rough chop (aka still recognizable as such)
1 green pepper - rough chop
1 head of garlic - rc

start this in a big pot over medium - move it move.  I like to move  it move it.  :D

sweat it and brown it - burnt a slight bit isn't bad

a pound of cut up chicken breast or thighs (my preferred though more fat)

throw it in pot

a pound of  - HERE is where the total foodies hit me on the side of head with skillet - I use lean turkey kielbasa - they use full fat sausage.  YOUR call.  It's your ass.

Brown this happy mix and again - move it move it.

I use hot sauce here.  and a full jar of HOT salsa.  I may or may not have been slightly heavy handed.  I really was distracted by pawn stars.  I do add some water to boil down and let the spices meld.

I serve this over rice.  I've taught you rice before.  If I gotta do it again I'm going to need something.  Yarn would be good.  Or just a hug.  Okay it was warm.  Habanero peppers are warm.  or so I've heard.  :D

"They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care; They pursued it with forks and hope;
They threatened it's life with a railway-share; They charmed it with smiles and soap."

I don't personally know what I am looking for - I thought I had found it at one point but if I've said it once I've said it thrice -  so that must make it true, I'm not so sure anymore.

It may be a snark I'm hunting for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment