Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cheap wine and roses

Or yarn.

So I am, actually an educated woman.  I married (both times) college educated men. I don't always drink the good stuff,  but I can tell a nice wine with all of the things (nose, legs, mouth feel yadda yadda) you are supposed to look for.  I can quote from a book or two and a movie or twelve, but consider me a moron when it comes to wacky things.

Jadite?  Yes it's dated and vintage but walking into an antique shop I can spot it from a 100 yards behind the salt and pepper shakers shaped like fruit.

Beads?  Sadly - beads are like crack for me - I cannot allow myself to go into a bead shop anymore.  I start to tweek a bit and want to buy every sparkly thing I see.  I must be part crow

Yarn?  Sigh.  So it has been established that I may be cheap (I choose to use the word frugal thank you) but I know good yarn and Dear Lord I HAVE barrels of it ("stash" as knitters know it to be called - and mine will outlive me and be passed on to the waiting hands of someone in an estate sale unless Trin gets her act together!) My stash is just waiting for the urge or whatever it is I'm awaiting for.  But sadly, walking through Walmart on this particular day and I swear I was NOT looking - THIS yarn jumps up and says, "buy me or someone dies."  Ya'll know my love for life so I paid the $2.49 for the Red Heart acrylic Mexicana skein and asked it - "what, exactly it would like to become under my personal sticks should I accept this assignment and not just throw it's demon ass into the fire!" (talking yarn really!)  It said, "How about a rocking white trash bikini."  hmmm, Ok.  There will be a cheap ass bikini made from said demon skein.  I may even wear it just for the thrill.   Or do an exorcism and then get my head checked out - I don't normally hear voices.  Normally.


No comments:

Post a Comment