Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chasing Rabbits and Colors

"Go ask Alice" - I guess would be my favorite quote before I even freaking knew that  J.A. didn't mean - innocently - Ask her.  It.  was a drug reference.  I was so clueless and innocent but could read underpinnings so I got that something wasn't quite innocent in all of this so I don't know exactly what's happening but if I smile and nod I'll look like I freaking know what they are talking about.  Yeah that was middle school.  I'm still doing it.  THOUGH to my credit - I'm slightly smarter and less naive.  "slightly" being the operative word.  I guess we all do a bit of the "pretend we know what is going on so I don't look dumb thing."  Some just do it better than others.  I'm a very quick thinker so I can fake my way through a lot - some - not so much.  I'm not smarter necessarily  - just quicker.  I do well in make or break things.  I work well under pressure. Unless it involves reverse motion or parallel parking on a car.  I've said numerous times - my brain does not do reverse.  Full disclosure! Though,  I was the first draft only draft.  Only I did it 2 weeks before it was due.  I'm not stupid!

This last stretch sans kids has really been hard.  I don't want to be flaky but I take this brief reprieve to do the check up from the - yeah you know . . .  but I'm one to get weird when I don't have people that need me to be the stuff everyday.  I have tried to clean house personally this last few weeks.  Prune - if you will.  Fill myself with good things.  Cheap wine is always a good thing in my book!  In Vino Veritas!  Next tattoo!

But I've also been chasing rabbits and frankly it's a bit exhausting.  Less the chasing and more the rabbit.  I'm a runner and am pleased to say my speed had greatly improved.  I was for a very long time a 6 miles per hour runner.  After the marathon in November to now - I'm 7.25 per hour.  Not like Kenyan speed by any mother chicken way -  but I'm pleased.  I decided that I want to more than by 3 minutes qualify for Boston.  I will not run it (I'm SO not that yuppie runner!) but just qualifying makes my girl parts shimmy!

Being faster is cool.  I like full on sprinting.  I like the voice in my head as the flood gates open and I'm full on - super in it.  It's better than whatever they were asking Alice about - I'm telling you.  Though at the end I wanna puke - but really, it's a good puke :D

So - I'm doing this Color Run in September.  It's NOT a race - it's 5k.  They blast you with colored chalk at each increment.  check it out.  I want a team to do it with me though I may force - I mean ALLOW my kids to do it with me. Google it.  Richmond VA in September.  I've paid for it so I'm in.  let's do it.  I'm always chasing something.  


No comments:

Post a Comment