Monday, July 9, 2012

I don't suck

shrimp heads.

Sorry - I wanna be one of the foodie cool kids - like Tony and Andrew.  But, while I will happily eat beef heart - I just can't suck a shrimp brain.  I've seen the orgasmic eye roll from those "in the know" but ugh.  I just can't.  I just can't. It's just too - well, gooey - red - juicy (not in a good way).  Here's confession time - If ONE of you - before me did it - I totally would because I'd be like yeah - you did it - I gotta.  But I try to do all of the cool food things I can - but frankly this one just loses me - much like the coconut crazy giant worm things that frankly look like the last friggin thing I'd eat even if starving to death.  I'm not bigger than my pay grade and frankly working for captain Uni - I'd starve before I got close..... hence the further schooling.  But I like to try things that other's think rock. . .  and OMG if you find a good (or really any PHO restaurant - GO!)  I mean NOW.  PHO 234 here is my new crack stop.  Their seafood soup is an early morning crave. I want it early - almost a coffee need only seafoodier (new word - wiki it) You HAVE to love anything that has fish balls.   I mean.  really?  fish balls.  I like all kinds of balls but fish balls just make giggle in middle school kind of way - and yet.  Yum.

I guess my point is try something new.  but know your boundaries.  If you hate liver my guess is you always will even if your amazing hot wife who actually loves you and writes like an SOB thinks you would like it a lot - even more than her red hair - my point is - prolly not.  If you've been tainted by the bad juju liver - there's no fixing that shit. I'm just saying a good soak in milk and not over cooking goes a long way.

But I'm not superhuman and things (chow mein noodles and frogs, alive - legs still attached) freak me out. Dead - those damn legs are delicious - but alive and croaking (that's actually funny - croaking! lol) I hate frogs.  Hate.  Yeah.  I actually went through deliverance (no banjo music required) for poverty and frogs.  The poverty part stuck.  Thank you JESUS - I'm not po no mo!.  frogs.  yeah.  Not so much.  Hate those little bastards.

And yet - I guess my overblown and lofty messages may have set a false sense of who I am - I'll try almost anything and yeah - I love the close to the bone food. - Bone marrow is better than butter - TRUST ME - wait no don't!  FREAKING TRY IT.  it's amazing in a non dairy more beefy way.  It's awesome.  Good for you?  is butter?  Live for today but still run or bike or even just walk.  Just move.  an hour a day.  then enjoy.

I can't eat bread - or most good things I want but I'm still kicking - pretty hard if you piss me off :D  But just saying - try things but know where you step off and respect yourself in the morning.  I know what I suck and what I don't.  "D




No comments:

Post a Comment