Thursday, September 13, 2012

Um - and I should support him why?

Oh and you all thought I was going POLITICAL no actually the person who has my SUPER awed support is a gay author and here is where everyone jumps down my throat.

You are receiving insight from someone who is "NOT A CHRISTIAN?" . . . . "bite me" is what I counter with.

Whew = that was refreshing.

I don't think being gay is necessarily God blessed.  but I think being a human with faults is who we are.  warts and all.  I was anorexic then bulimic and then I  - okay to this day - I may exercise too many hours and drink more than my body weight too often.  Does Jesus still love me?
If you are super perfect and self righteous - wait for it - wait for it . . . the truth.  Your real "eat too much" fat self (also a sin if you read it the right way - um not enough self control right?) will rise up. Your judgmental - I do XYZ  -  will rise up.
Given the time, energy or space -  if you listen to GOD on a daily basis and are a follower - the truth will - NO I MEAN -  IT WILL set you free.  BUT NOT in the way anyone who LEADS a "church" will tell you.  Wait until my real person says what I know about the inner posse of a inner inner circle of a church.  I know pastors who are peeing in fear that I will talk.  Cornerstone?. .  . :D  send me cash and I'm silent. only slightly kidding mikey.

What I am saying is that God works individually.  YOU  - yes YOU!  personally matter.  Plug into a church.  But Plug in on your own by YOUR OWN SELF as well.  God may speak to you through a GAY AUTHOR.  OMG really? Yes really really.

I am a dyed in the freaking wool Christian.  Jesus is my Buddha - Lord - Shiva - Jehovah WHATEVER.  Jesus is Lord to me.  I dig Him - full on.  He rocked - rocks and will rock forever since I think our energy lives forever.  I think human people are forever.  NOT in a creepy cockroach to cow sort of way - but in that we live forever - with God for better or for worse (so please Indiana choose wisely!)

How to . . . By Augusten Burroughs.  If you have anything you want to do different . . . you are single and want a person by your side?  you have body issues?  (helloooooooooo) you have childhood issues (double Hellooooooooo!) wow.  His brother has the same Aspberger like things my son has (runs with scissors) um.  I have been moved to a different address.

If you want someone to lay it on the proverbial LINE.  and speak straight through your screen - straight to you like a friend who you never met but were open enough to hear.  I guess the word I would use to describe this is Truth. period. When God said "the truth will set you free." He never meant 2+2=4.  That may be true but doesn't fix my OCD.  This book actually HELPS.  Truth is truth.  period.  PERIOD.

The word that is used for the scripture in the book of John was "in the beginning was the WORD and the was truth "  that WORD in Greek was "LOGOS"  logos is the word that we take our word - "Logic" from.  it's that word that we take to mean - "yes - logically - that makes sense to me." Truth just makes sense.  We are not always at that place to receive it though.  We may hear the truest DAMN thing we have ever heard in our lives and deny it as fabrication.

because we aren't ready.

This is still the book.

because he  - Augusten  - will show you then how to explore the very opposite.  How to be FAT.  He will tell you exactly how.  How to be thin.  He will also explore in delicious detail how to be that RED DIAMOND...   How to be alone.  And most Important - and better than I EVER FREAKING could have said How to find Love.  OMG.  I can say full on some people just know how to attract people.  I do not lack that skill.  For good or bad - I've never had that as an issue.  Quality was sometimes in question but I can find love.  BUT if you want to find love.  Get thee hither to a good library as I did and rent it.  Or bookstore (as I will online - aka amazon.com) I have not finished every chapter and I need to own this sucker.

He is an amazing human.  Forget just author.  Liz Gilbert - and Mr. Burroughs would be HUGE highlights at the dinner party of my dreams.  Tony Bourdain and too many musicians to name . . . and the random doctor or scientist and my family and friends at my home to launch my book party.  I invite you now.  If I'm writing and you are actually reading - You ARE invited.  I'll send you the shout out.

I love his take.  I get his humor.  It's super Mel Frisky dry (WLC) and super smart.  But also close to the marrow.  He pulls NO punches.  If you aren't ready to NOT be whatever you say you want to NOT be - you will HATE what he says - but it will bounce inside your freaking head like a superball in a racket ball court.  Until you decide to discount it - or own it for real.  I'm just sayin.  pain has a payoff.  I don't need to kill myself to be thin - I like thin.  But I'm learning what THIN means to me as feeling and that just a dress size doesn't cut it.  I was a 2 sliding toward whatever the hell a 0 looks like last summer training for my marathon.  I was creepy thin. And yes I did well.  I really don't want that again.  I want to like to run.  I don't want to have to.  I have more will power than most people have - I can force myself to run on broken toes because that's my personal OCD - being TOUGH.  I am not weak.  I did things while pregnant that would make a Marine tired.  I am NOT WEAK.  but i am human.  and a woman.  my mind repeats unhealthy things that I have to not believe.

Enter Augusten.  sorry to belabor a point - he's gay.  and my next thing to say is SO FREAKING WHAT?  he spoke to me.  through all of the bullshit.  I heard him - maybe because his book jumped off the shelf at me but mostly because I was like "oh - I loved your brother's book!"   Hello.  this one was to my heart.  SHOT to the heart!!!

I don't know what else to say other than. . .  Put your preconceived notions away and read it.  and if nothing moves you.  . . . well then.  good.  you got it going on.  I so so so didn't.  and still don't.  but I'm finally open enough to hear from the unbiased source.  He was the breath of God - a penitent man - penitent woman. is on their knees . .  yes.  yes.  I get it Indy.








No comments:

Post a Comment