Friday, September 28, 2012

Salt, light and a little dirt

I hate to even say "Paradigm Shift" anymore since it's so OverUsed much like the ever present "Pushing the Envelope."  I really just want to throw in a random YOLO  to sound hip these days.

My husband got a random  over share text tonight and decided that he wanted to mess around with said person from 914 area code - Hey Florida - until I stepped in and texted back "Do you know who I am?"  Didn't think so!
ya - huge NO!  lol.    He didn't understand mostly 70% of their text jk! lol!  ugh - I really do know actual words and promise to share them.  but I do get text speak as well.  I only text while driving AT RED LIGHTS and YES I am looking UP at the light.  I am NOT the DB in front of you looking down at their f'n phone too busy to drive when the light actually turns green yo .  .  wow.  I have issues? IKR?  JK!

EXPLANATION!!!!

For my mom who reads this - DB is Douche Bag.  Not pretty but apparently necessary to the food chain.  where? I'm not certain, though they do seem to occupy a LOT of positions of power.  IKR - usually followed with a ? because it means I Know Right?  like "girlfriend how nasty did he smell? and she said IKR?"  It's a bit of  a non sequiter for those of us too old school and too grammer infused to let shit slide.  Like me.
JK - Just kidding
So Mom - we are not DISing (disrespecting) you anymore.  LOL (laugh out loud) or even ROTFLMAO which really is just as hard as typing "roll on the floor laughing my ass off" - though which you know they actually are NOT since they are still typing and not - actually - rolling.  It's a bit of a farce.  "Liar" is what I say.  cuz I do often LOL as I'm typing - LOL.  I try - at least to keep it real.  just sayin

OK so this post has been weird from the start.  Augusten Burroughs has been my guru lately.  odd for a Christian white sorta-straight woman from Wisconsin to choose a gay man from the East Coast to be her finder of all truth but hey God speaks through so many places that I see truth where it is. period.

I found myself reading "This is HOW - help for the self for ". . . . and pedaling and listening to yes smooth jazz - (whatever!) and felt it.

IT.

so a little back story - went for an ill advised run today.  I had not been able to run for a day or so due to sad sorry work issues and a tad of lazy on my part - WAY more work than lazy I AM CERTAIN.  but nonetheless - ahem - (insert horribly inappropriat Southern Accent HERE) it was a-gonna-rain.  hard.  I knew it - but if you run and are itching ta - RAIN DON'T STOP ya.  so I went.  I've always said getting rained on is usually preclude to epiphany.  I'm not wrong.  when a bottle breaks for no reason in your lap?  Word!.  Universe sending message. (sidebar - stop accent here)

I ran in the rain and it was both a shower and a bit of rebirth and a re-baptism though I've had 2.  one was for show - one I picked and was for real and cool as all get out.  I love running in the warm rain though my 2 biggest issues are TECHNOLOGY (wireless headphones - didn't cut out) and my iPhone - she's fine.   whew.  ran and wanted to keep on.  but came back cuz I knew they would be worried about me at work - my crew is the best - Sarrah and GOLDBERG!!! :D

I just want to say that things happen on a planned course - some good - some bad - some really weird but reasoned and portioned and for that very reason.

I want to buy This is How for everybody I know.  really it's the best theraputic NON-therapy book I've ever read.  for realsies!  BUT I gotta say - it's a book of the time.  and when I say that - I mean you gotta be on the edge of wanting to change but not sure exactly how.  you have to be "of the time."  IMHO
(okay MOM that's in my humble opinion and usually they are SO not being humble but just throw that H out there all arrogant and shit)

so I guess here I stand all Paradigm shifty and stuff.  nothing REALLY has changed but i guess that's how change is.  It's REAL but gradual.  It's REAL but gentle.  like seeds.  You do your part and then continue your part and continue and then forget one day and then wow!  SPROUTS!  But the salt part - salt - that's hard.  but not really.  it's just so necessary.  Ask any fool who has gone on a salt free diet because some stupid dr decided it was necessary.  food without salt is well, epic fail (yeah you got that right - I said it!) it's necessary.  and bravo tango whiskey - it's best if pink and Himalayan ===== but that's just me :D

I had forgotten how much I really ike jazz.  I stopped listening in early college since no one I knew liked it also and I was so stupid and peer pressure"y" (don't know if that's a word)  I had been a huge Spyro Gyra fan in High School.  yes full disclosure.

I was so enjoying it - it stopped me.  the enjoyment.  Gave me pause.  not paws thankfully would have made typing so hard!  LOL (you got this one mom!) but I stopped since I was so in the moment that - well- I needed to write about it.  I think that either spells a dyed in the wool writer or a sociopath.  Not certain - but a few more episodes of Lie to Me and I'm pretty sure I'll know.

Today was a landmark and I don't know why.  How dumb is that?  I feel it but nothing to attach the tag to.  End of the month.  Check.  I'm always on the edge of my seat - a bit of the residual first chair flute player (bitch! I hear you!) but really I don't know.

the reason that I'm certain is forth coming - should be enlightening.  perhaps a bit dirty and maybe a tad salty.  can't be sure. just sayin.


No comments:

Post a Comment