Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Full Disclosure.

I just want you fully aware as you enter this post there will be shameless self-promotion.  Of the monetary variety.  No, I'm not going to panhandle - although I'm fairly certain given a particular range of skills that  I could make that a very lucrative endeavor.  No, it's something entirely different.

If you have been a regular reader, along for this happy ride of insanity - or GOD forbid,  married to or personal spawn of me - you already know that I heartily am seeking the alternative.  I need a different job if we can be perfectly honest.  I don't enjoy being employed by "the man."  I'm employed by a company I don't like or respect and as I raise the stick for the 10,000th time to make sure that rotting corpse of a horse is indeed REALLY actually factually dead - certifiably - munchkins proving it SO - GONE - BYE DEAD!!!  pushing up the daisies.  I have to take pause and be reminded that I personally have a choice.  I'm not like a lot of people.  I can walk away and not die.  We will be tight but NOBODY will go hungry.  THAT fact makes me more grateful than anyone will ever appreciate.

That said I am not able to just say "kma"  - because as big as I think my balls actually are - that is SO not how I roll.
SIDEBAR - unless I were to have won a lottery or inherited a fortune from a relative I've never met and then well ya'll can just pucker the hell up and KISS IT.  But as I have ACTUALLY met all the damn family I'm ever gonna personally know and I don't play the lottery and the only thing I get in Vegas is a tan and nekked. . . I just gotta earn it my own self.

enter the alternative job.  I was all about IT WORKS.  - it's a vanity line of products that are proported to make you thinner - healthier and younger looking.   I still might be in since I spent 100 bucks on the distribution kit. I am NOT at all saying it doesn't (work that is).  I'm just a little disappointed in the starter kit.  I told you a while ago I was exploring something new and if it worked on me yada yada yada.  Well - starter kit only contained their signature Ultimate thinning product (x 4) and a binder and "sign people up" stuff and a website for a little while.  Call me disappointed.  They sell several (read like 25) other products that I'm supposed to just promote at will?  How about a sample pack of ATLEAST the facial products so I can HONESTLY say "this stuff took me from HERE TO HERE?"

So - here's my dilemma - I put the WAIST slimmer on this morning but I'm not overweight.   It did exactly NOTHING.  And I mean exactly NOTHING.  not a centimeter.  ***  UPDATE *** I didn't wait long enough for the effect and I am going to write another post talking about what happened when I put it on my BUTT!  
The best I can say is that I didn't break out in hives!  For me that is a HUGE thing.  I'm allergic to pretty much everything.  So, now, do I spend a bit more to know that the facial - diet - supplements do indeed do what they say?  Uncertain.

Now for what I am really standing behind.

It is TOTALLY what I didn't want to do because it's so girly.  What I didn't want to do because it's frivolous.  No minds ( big or small) get made better - no lives get enhanced because it just simply and honestly ONLY smells good and is pretty.  But after I counted the fact that I have spent WELL OVER 400 bucks on this ONLY smelling good and pretty stuff - I decided - "Well - if I like it and have a HOUSE full of it - maybe someone else will too."    and I signed up.

I actually "squeed."
If you don't know what a squee is - it's a noise - it sounds like the noise dolphins make or 7th grade girls at a birthday party when talking about a cute boy in their class - I squeed when I signed up.  I can only understand a full-on squee to mean joy - un-precedented joy.

Hello - My name is Katie and I sell Scentsy.  THERE I said it.  and I won't undo it.  I'm still really mean and strangle puppies and only wear black - okay well I do wear a lot of black but I freaking love Scentsy.  (and for the record I loves me some puppies!)

Scentsy is so awesome.  It's the highest quality stuff I've EVER seen.  You CAN'T buy it at walmart for goodness sake.  And I'm UBER cheap.  It's not the same.  Not even. That's me saying that.

Maybe my next assignment will be to OH - wait mmmmmm let  me see if anyone wants to fund what I am thinking.  Or I just write. la la la la la

I'm at https://www.katies1969.scentsy.us

Buy or don't - check it out  - OR don't.

If I've learned anything about life it's that I only want to be part of things that I really believe in.  I am full on committed as I have been under my Sarrah for almost a year.  This stuff is amazing  NOT kidding.  It smells great and is so so pretty.  I have at the very least a small plugin in EVERY room - I have only slightly less product than she does.  :D  My office is full of it - I've bought stuff for every one of my kid's teachers - sent it to the four winds to other people because I freaking love it.  As I shift my focus I'm thinking - if other people like it - maybe I could make a shekel or two?   well.  I'm not writing off the other.  I'm just disappointed.  One of the 25 products?  I don't sell what I don't LOVE.  again why I need to leave desk jockey status currently.

BUT - I'm not selling running shoes to a man with no legs.  I don't want you part of my team if you don't take care of the things you NEED.  No human on planet Earth NEEDS Scentsy.  NOBODY needs any part of this.  It's just really fun.  and there are (btw - like a million - give or :D ) smells!  Boyish - girlie - spa - romantic - FOODIE - weird - mixes . . . I like that freedom.  My dog ate some.  and didn't even get sick.  It's not flammable.  I won't bore you if you've made it this far.  I just can't say I don't like any part and that's where I sit now.  Will I get to retire and tell my job to KMA?  don't care.  really I don't.  I like this.  It's certainly not world peace.  but damn it smells good.  and is pretty.   I can't say that's a bad thing.

just sayin.





























          

No comments:

Post a Comment