Saturday, September 8, 2012

I've said it before

perspective.  It's a beautiful thing.  Church on Saturday nights is a trip.  I love it, really -  since I hate the craziness of the  "get up - get ready  - curl things  - dress parts -  remember to put on underwear (it's an inside joke - I swear no one but Trinity saw -  and she was 2!) but beyond THAT - Saturday night is weird - in a good way.  I cry more.  I'm moved more (yeah I know - why do I wear mascara -  right?)  Tonight put a lot of things to the front of the line.  = Shout out to my American Christian friends - Pray for Us and for Eastern Europe.  I know that we know we have it easy - NO BODY kills us regularly for praising Jesus.  Out Loud.  I can say it.  OUT LOUD and really really LOUD and my guess is that I won't be shot.  We had a minister from Bosnia as our featured guest tonight.  perspective.  I can't possibly know what he's seen or dealt with or known but wow.  he was real.  a real for real - on the spot - really really really I mean it, follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.  If you have read the Bible New Testament - there is a scripture that I'm too lazy to find chapter and verse for but it talks about seeing and knowing the real and true followers by their actions. . . well - I felt him - knew him before he said a word and when he did I was leveled.  He did not make me feel like I suck -  But he did draw me to that higher place that only true worshipers know about.  Only the real ones can do that.  In truth - during worship (aka singing) I felt a heaviness - I commented to Roger that I felt it.  As someone who is empathic I feel the energy of those around me - I try to tune in if I feel I can do something - The room was SUPER heavy - I felt heaviness and pain.  The first words out of Pastor Scott were "I can sense there are chains of heaviness in here - Jesus - let these fall by your Grace."  I do think I gasped.  It all fell when Dr. Peter took the podium.  The Accent was fantastic.  His love for God was so real - calming - cooling - like an elixir.  The only way I personally can equate it won't mean anything if you aren't the fiber snob I am.  Let me try.

When I first met Roger I wanted to show my love for him by knitting him something that was NOT a sweater (google the sweater curse) I spent weeks touching smelling and fondling yarn of varied pasts histories and make ups - and in a very unseemly way.  I rubbed so many things on my own person I started to neh, bray and bah just purely out of reflex.  Then I settled on a blend of cashmere/silk/alpaca/angora that was so freaking expensive I had a $350 scarf to knit.  BUT it passed the neck test.  It's warm - light and freakishly soft.  It smells amazing and I fondle it when I want to remember why I knit it for him in the first place.  He has it still - THOUGH had to rescue it from a hotel in Ohio on a work visit. (left on a hotel door - yes they UPS'd it back to him - yes it took him 2 months to tell me - AFTER the marriage!)  Yes - this is a man who values a good knitter.  or he knows I'd kill him if he lost it.  just sayin.

What I'm sayin is that Peter.  Dr. Peter.  I won't call him Saint.  though I could.  passed the neck test.  the real ones.  you just know.


No comments:

Post a Comment