Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grey

wow.  depending on who or what you watch read or do that word either can mean a lot or zip.  If I said 's anatomy and you watch tv - you may thing mcdreamy.  If I said 50 shades - you would think nipple clamps and blindfolds.  If I said matter and you had a tumor in you head it would be an entirely different word.  It would be painful and scary and hard.

I first watched Grey's with T when it first started.  He was on 2nd shift and it was on Sunday's at 8pm.  We didn't see the premiere episode but I think like the 2nd.  It was our thing.  Kids to bed and I missed usually like the first (really important 5 minutes) but it was still sacred. And then it moved to Thursday. And then we divorced.  I watched it sporadically over the last years but not really.  I always vowed to see it again - much like True Blood and I might actually let him start watching it again.  (bravo tango whiskey - Roger cheated and watched ahead of me and I punished him by refusing to watch another episode again.  that was almost a year ago.  I can be a mean vindictive bitch when I wanna be.)

On the bike the other night I turned on one of the myriad mac products that run rampant in our house and turned on netflicks.  Normally there is not a gd thing I want to see but Grey's - season 1 popped up and I honestly did an audible gasp.  the whole thing.  sans commercials.  at my fingertips,   5 episodes later I remember why I loved it.  Why it sucked us both in and also why House is a favorite of mine as well.  It speaks to me as I write.  A theme.  A topic and all things are encapsulated inside that topic for that episode - that post if you will.  There's usually music - in the case of Grey's they were the show that launched a thousand indy bands.  I love that.  There's references to other things - other ideas, other books or the outside world.  At the time of me first watching - I was a stay at home - homeschooling mom from Wisconsin.  An uber-educated one - but isolated nonetheless.  I am not that today.  Yet - it's poignant and touching all the same.  I love it still.  Actually - if truth be told - I probably love it more because I am seeing it with fresh eyes.

I will write about the other two grey's a little later but this is grey number one.  nipple clamps and blindfolds will have to wait - and grey matter. . . will also wait.

I don't have anything physically wrong with me.  today.  And I am glad.  I'm healthy again.  no more flu.  I am going to run tomorrow.   I feel excited about that for some stupid reason and that really means I am back.  but until then - I have at least 3 more episodes to pedal through.  :d peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment