Saturday, September 29, 2012

Foreign Film

If you hate movies that require thought or don't have someone impaled by an alien. OR oh wait - you have to READ! . . Please stop reading and move along - really - nothing more to see .

  .. . okay.  It's just us right?  OMG.  my current husband has never seen Like Water For Chocolate!  IKR? I'm done with him this very minute.  Papers in hand.  JK!  This has been a drill - if this had been an actual ALERT . . . whatever.  You get my point.  There is so much.  Sundance - Cannes - LORD - I don't see a fraction of what I SHOULD let alone what I want. And yet I managed to see the last Dark Knight.  um = In my honest opinion since that really is all you get from me - it was worse than meaningless freaking drivel.  no heart- reality or passion.  SUCKED TOP TO BOTTOM - there is a reason I don't care.  because it sucked.  The One I saw with the Joker I was checking my watch.  IN THE THEATRE.  Heath Ledger was interesting. period.  Christian Bale can't act his way out of a paper bag. in tights. or a cape - you pick.  yuck and yawn.  I know I will receive hate mail in triplicate.  really really don't care.  I know good.  or better yet. I know what I like.  and THAT has made all the difference.  I don't pretend to like the new the best the whatever IF I personally don't.  I have finally started (again - after the book was ripped from my grasp by my daughter who read it 12 times- to give to a "friend") the Hunger Games.  I can wait to see the movie since my daughter - Hey Trinity - said it sucked compared to the book.  I might actually start Harry Potter book one some time soon.  You get me now?  I choose.  It's hot now?  we'll see.  still hot?  again - maybe.  all done being cool.  books for 50 cents?  okay I'm game.  BUT - 50 shades - paid full freaking PRICE and then some.  have it on Ibooks AND print - yeah boy.  loves me some Christian.  lol.  I pick.  you get me now?








I hate cool since it's so not.  I'm finally me.  I've been me for 43 years if you go by inception.  I'll be 43 on the 13th.  I know THEY say that 40 is the new 30.  I hope 50 is going to be the "next best" since in 7 years I'll hit that baby.  But really, short of body going south (and I've met a few plastic surgeons who swear that doesn't have to happen) I'm golden.

I like me.  for once.  thank you.  and also I'm sorry.  I'm sure I offended you at some point and said something in my HONESTY phase that didn't filter out mean - or in my CLINGY phase that made me be like white on rice.  Or worse - my AVOIDANCE phase  - that well. . you get that one.  I'm here today and I like today.  mostly.  I love my kids.  They are smart and goofy and interesting and super funny.  I love them more than I should and yet they inspire me to be more.  They are awesome and I don't mean that in a mom way = I actually mean that in - You really are great - Holy Hannah! My kids are super amazing sort of way.  It makes me want to be more than amazing.  It makes me want to write,  really.  It makes me want to have something to whip out a pen for at a table in Omaha at a book signing and have some random woman hug me and tell me I helped maker her a better . . . !  Yeah,  I want that.

I am back to Like Water for Chocolate.  I'm not telling you to watch it - oh wait - yes I am.  Jesus. really? freaking watch it.  It's amazing and sweet and ugh.  really?  you really haven't seen it before?  you sure?

I know approximately 7 people on this planet that will get it.  I mean GET it.  I want to know more than those 7.  If you watch it and GET it - like on that - "it moved me cellular level" - tell me.  I hate missing soul mates.

Now Wings of Desire?  ugh.  don't get me started.  New Post on that animal.  it's German.  My maiden name was Wenzel.  Don't even start me on German.  I got this one in spades.


















  

No comments:

Post a Comment