Monday, October 1, 2012

Two lefts don't make a right.

They say that you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet - aka-  my favorite saying, which I'm certain should be tattooed on my ass is - Life is messy.  Bring Paper towel!

From even the very procreation of human life (or even animal for that matter) to birth and then way after - LORD even to our death - it's a horribly messy process.  Some of us just get that.  Or else we spend our lives NOT getting it and being Offended when it is actually as it really is.  messy.

Sorry to be the voice of - LIFE IS MESSY but I guess being the Harbinger of Messy would be the mantle I WOULD wear considering a certain former husband put it on me.  Lord I gotta own that one.
I just live my life which on any given week involves - a fall, a spill, a trip, a burn  and maybe even a breakage of something.  well . . . I live.  No velvet lined caskets for me.  faults and flaws and all.  We've been through the birth process - I enjoyed two at home.  THEY FREAKING ROCKED!  MY timing - my process.  my experience.  I need to take more ownership again.  I let too many others run my life these days.  People I don't even like own me a little bit.  Yeah.  that's gonna end.

I want my toes in the water and my ass in the sand more.  I wanna do that a lot  - yes! I want that.

When we, as flawed and not so innocent humans, start our foray into adulthood we fall and spill and trip and burn ourselves and break a lot of things - usually hearts.  a bit and then try to pair up into whatever crazy combination of love/lust/futurehood we can figure out.   I applaud those smart enough NOT to pick a mate when too young to have a freaking clue who they will turn into when the cocoon  is shed and they go from worm to butterfly.  Too many of us picked when still caterpillars and then when became butterflies -  found those we had picked weren't flying in the same flight pattern as we were.  Stupid?  yes.  Too many of us did that.  If you didn't do that - or better yet -  if it just worked that your resident butterfly thought you were cool enough to fly sidebyeach with you forever - well - lucky you.

I have always loved thrift shopping (topic switch? bet you didn't even see the coin go into the other hand right?)  We recently went to our resident cool thrift store.  Me and girlie goodness - bought some FIERCE boots.  ALL sweet and amazing and actually two lefts.  talk about two left feet?  Got them.  Won't ever make that mistake again.  I'll try them BOTH on the next time.  :D


  



No comments:

Post a Comment