Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not Jack's

I've been running such a long time
I've been hiding from the truth
I've been battered, been broken, been buried
Now I'm death proof, death proof

And I've been known to take a big chance
But I can't waste another shot at redemption
Oh, I'm ready don't let me go passing through the wrong hands, wrong hands
My confidence is in crisis mode, your fingertips well they know the code

Release me ,take another piece of me and there won't be another left
C'mon release me, release me, take another piece of me
And there won't be another left unless you let go, unless you let go

I've been waiting for the sun to shine
Another winter ends, the winter's starting over
We met beside a land mine waiting for the wind to blow

Now I'm in trouble with these friends of mine
A change was in my blood, I lost my sense of direction
I dragged us to the bright light, life is like a TV show
My fuse is set, I'm pressing go, your match is lit but it's burning slow

Release me, take another piece of me and there won't be another left
C'mon release me, release me take another piece of me
And there won't be another left unless you let go

I'll be nothing but sand falling down through your fingers to the ground
Below
Through your fingers to the ground below

Yeah I've been running, I've been running
I've been running such a long time

Release me and take another piece of me and there won't be another left
Try to believe me, release me take another piece of me
And there won't be another left unless you let go
Unless you let go . . .  



I was asked by an actual reader (gasp.  I really have those I guess!  omg.  Someone who I actually have never kissed, birthed, lived with or shared bread.  :D )  what my 5 reasons for wanting to be WITH someone were.

Okay.   here they are.

1)  I need someone who more than understands that I'm weird.  I mean Wisconsin weird.  Like we CAN and HAVE used the heater and AC on the actual same day.  I'm personally like that too.  I can be uber passionate and also don't even think of touching me in the same week.  yeah.  really.  It's a girl thing I guess.  Or WI girl - not sure.

2) I need someone who let's me just be,  for a while each day to write, breathe, knit, read, bathe (yes that CAN actually take over an HOUR!)

3) Who understands and gets on a cellular level who God -  with a capitol letter, is.  He isn't she.  He isn't allah - HE isn't anyone but Jehovah.   Jesus is part of the happy mix.  There may even be heavenly language but that may be pushing it.  basis being.  God is.  was.  always will be.  time is irrelevant.  'k

4) He must travel nicely.  There must be road music -  if in car.  if on plane - no scenes unless being proposed to in which case - carry on! :D  He must listen when given directions and not blame girl when she was asleep and they ended up in Arizona when trying to find area 51.  Pitstops to pee are okay if ALL involved are IN, otherwise we keep rolling (suck it back in my friend.)  just sayin.  unless the journey is part of the destination.  then pee at will.  Road food must be NON standard.  NO McD's If destination is part of the fun it better be weird, local and not something we have every week.  bring on the strange - baby!  traveling is supposed to take you away from your home - your norm.  If you won't try something new and different don't even! again just sayin.

5) We must be a united we.  We must, Must, MUST,  as a couple,  not undermine each other's authority as parents - as humans - as people.  Not with kids, friends, or anyone in the world.  If we are fighting it is just us.  We figure it out between us and move forward.  We have make up sex and move on.  But really fighting is not really necessary if the other 4 are in place.  most of the time.

People I so know that I am actually a knowitallbitch.  so um if you wanna be wit me see number one.  get that? then you get me.  I do have a very very hard time being wrong.  BUT here's the thing.  If I am, I do admit it.  I just strive for perfection.  I fall so far short it's actually funny but I do have a standard.  I try at least. I want these 5 and probably 25 others I'll write about - but for me these are the five intangibles.

I do know that I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far from what anyone on the planet wants on a daily basis.  I just try to bring the new and fun to the party.  So, well dear reader you asked and here are my 5.  I'll bring the rest in.   later.  peace.

and yes.  the song is important.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgd3HBCPyc

No comments:

Post a Comment