Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No Sh't Sherlock

If you know me........      Really how many posts have started with that arrogant assumption?  too many,  I guess -  given that people who were not kindergarten mates are now actually reading what I say - I do have to stop adding that as a given.  You don't.  actually.  know me.  Thank you for tuning in.  It makes me smile.  I didn't have to play tag or even quarters with you to make you like me.  It's my wit and (IMHO) wisdom or more like I have stepped in enough shit enough times to know where to NOW avoid it that makes you wanna stick with me.  Thanks again.  And as Frank Sinatra said - "the best is yet to come."

Why do I love Sherlock Holmes?  hmmmm

And I am SOOOOO not referring to the Basil Rathbone version/era.

I might even like the "Young" movie from Years back (pre-Harry).  I guess I can answer my own question with the statement from the current BBC version with only 6 episodes that frankly I am savoring like an expensive one run wine that can never be had again. .  ......
     "Brainy is the new sexy."  um.  duh.  always has been.

I don't like skinny men yet Benedict Cumberbatch (yes that is his most unfortunate and SOOOO British of names) is smoking f'n hot in my book and yes I'm not stupid enough to think a man that pretty could possibly be straight or even that he is Sherlock Holmes yet he has me completely drawn in.  It is the aloof - smart man   thing.  I guess.  Still processing this.

Dr. Watson is so cute.  in that white man with blond hair who has no idea what he is doing with a girl sort of thing.   I so get him.

But really think of the character - the persona - who is Sherlock?   Crazy. Dangerous.  Drug addict - YES!

 Robert Downey Jr?. Gotta love that man in drag - even.

Suddenly Sherlock is all the rage.  why again?

Elementary on CBS with hot hot hot Lucy Lu!  Haven't seen it yet but will - thank you Ipad!

Until then.  yum.  I savor the last three episodes. . . . I love netfilix on an unholy level. . . .    




No comments:

Post a Comment