Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cards?

House of?

Hand of?

Played your last?

yeah.  History on them is long and yet sketchy.  But we can all agree on where they stand today.

2 colors. 4 symbols.  13 individual cards in 4 suits (a very manly term if I ever heard one) .

(Triskaidekaphobia anyone?) 52 in all and 54 with jokers.  

I don't like cards. anymore.

I did.  Loved rummy and gin rummy.  but something changed.  Not exactly sure what. but I think I know.  And it's a hard thing.  It's because I married into a family with a different card game.  they were really the non-tv watching group.  They were actually MORE dysfunctional than MY dysfunctional family.  Their dysfunction was weird and produced babies (bravo tango whiskey really beautiful bi-racial gorgeous kids - though I am not a fan of their mom much.  different post.)  and men who had bipolar manic depressive things that didn't seem to blend with my victim/OCD/uberneedygirlie tendencies.  Still a fan of the family though.  They were old school.  Like super.  like the 70's never ended and stuff.  Now the TV is just BIG and super LOUD but OMG no cable.  really Frank?  Cuz Bonanza (on channel fuzzy 57!) ? REALLY isn't that interesting.  Netflix.  8 bucks a month.  experience it baby.  But GOD - please not because I said.  I stand before you as "satan-lite" formerly known as Katie.  I did the unthinkable.  I divorced the son.  my roses smell bad and I am an ogre.  FRANKly (ha ha) I really don't care too too much.  But he's an old man and I do respect.  nuff said.

That was. is.  or again more like. okay they WERE.  a card playing family.  my kids do like that family game aka "frustration."  I like it too.  I hate to admit.  but I let my kids have that in the Sullivan part of their world.  I want memories built.  I want them to remember those days.  I was actually the one who moved the first chess piece.  Finally.

I moved first.  I take that.  I own it.   I will always be confident knowing how it played out.  doesn't make it less messy though.

My family played cribbage.  I always hated that game for too many reasons to post.

I really don't like poker other than 5 card stud that I played with my grandfather for hours on end.  My real love was checkers though.  he taught me well.  I can't be beat except by old men.

cards are hard.  all I can think is Alice in Wonderland and this.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuI61cTNbAk&feature=related



aces and 8's.

not my hand though.  :D



  

No comments:

Post a Comment