Tuesday, January 8, 2013

That thing you do.....

You know that saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none." ?  yeah it's kinda true.

We can all do some things pretty well.  I can run.  I can run fairly far for a white girl from Wisconsin.  I can run sorta fast too, but I can't run that far that fast.  I kinda top out at 8 miles per hour for about - 8 miles.  I can certainly do 26 miles.  But was it a happy 26?  f. no.  I fn hated it at mile 21.  I finished with a special needs guy and his family.  I got in under 4 hrs by more than I expected but still.  I'm no Kenyan.  Running is not my special.

I knit things.  I love to knit.  I crave it at times.  My hands actually itch to make something.  and then I let them.  My more than abundant stash speaks and then - behold it's a hat, scarf, socks. . .  . yeah.  I knit.  is it my special?  I guess that remains to be seen since I have a pattern brewing that may land me a knitty gig.  I hope.

I sewed for more years that I care to mention.  Is that my special?  well, I did it for fun and profit so that certainly qualifies.  I can lose myself for more hours than I care to share while doing it.   No.  it's not.  I'm good at it but well, I just don't crave to sew.  ever.  I can do it and do do it.  often.  passion?  no. just a talent.  I'm good at it.

so, what is my trade? so to speak.  I am thinking that I really like to teach.  I like to write.  I love hearing myself talk.  arrogant bitch - I know. right?

But I'm also a feeder.  And not just food.  I know a bit and like to inspire.  Geez - it's tattooed on my right arm!  I am if nothing if not an encourager.   I AM an encourager.

I feed.  I inspire.  I drive.

I'm trying to find my niche.

I will find it.

I know it.

Til then my beloved

I write,

be inspired.

please



No comments:

Post a Comment