Monday, January 7, 2013

Tech-NOT-savvy

okay.  I was a small child in the 70's.  I was born in '69 - peace love and good weed. or so I've heard.

In the 80's I rocked the big hair,  I was there when Video did it's dirty deed (not even dirt cheap) to the radio star.  I had parachute pants and MULTIPLE cans of Aquanet.   I owned my own untouched rubic's cube.  I loved my Merlin.   And Sinead O'Connor was as of yet undiscovered greatness but I loved her thanks to my friend Alan who had a computer he'd already discovered how to program when we weren't playing d'n'd.

 Pero muy importante!!!!  Atari !!!!  We had atari!  Played for hours!  And CABLE!!!!  all 40 channels!  I got to watch Rock and Roll HighSchool!  Joey Ramone!!!!!!  I was so so so into Punk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driving with my girl friends for no reason other than just to drive. . . and listen to music.   Music.  That was the technology.  Tapes.  Then we called home from the phones in the homes of our friends when we would expect that we would be home.  and then we were.
or we were IN TROUBLE!

Today?

If my phone is not physically on my person I go into a bit of a fit.  really?  really? Katie?

IF I miss a text - or call?  does a human die?  I'm not a kidney donor.  I have chosen to miss calls at certain times of day when it did not suit me to answer.  but I guess it was me knowing XYZ was calling.  Now OMG if XYZ calls and I don't know it.  . .  .   geez. really?

I'm saying does having a cell chained to ones side by choice make us better people?  I still look at someone with bluetooth talking to themselves while walking in the store as suspect.  I always will.  It's freaking weird.  Just sayin.

I never.  ever. have my phone to my ear while checking out.  It. IS. RUDE.  If you do.  You are rude.  Just my opinion.  That person deserves your attention if for no other reason than to make sure you got all your shit.  This is a human.  Interacting with your stuff.  RESPECT that people.

If it was a computer checking you out - well then carry on.  But that person deserves more from you than a computer would.

Oh and just BTW. we CAN hear you.  If you are fighting.  we actually can. HEAR YOU.

GEEZ.  where did the bubble idea come from?  Just because you hear the person you are talking to - and just because you have a bit of history. . .  we are just shopping.  not involved in your baby daddy drama.   again.  love, just sayin.

I just wish that I wasn't so tied to my phone but I love having the internet at my command.  I just honestly NEVER text and drive.  LORD living in VA  - just driving and driving is challenging given the lack of driving ability in the shall we say NOT FROM THIS um state? people.  I'm an amazing driver IMHO ( :D) and folks here freaking SUCK ASS cuz if they are not driving 10 under the speed limit and pissing me off they are just in the wrong lane and then cutting me off!  OR Texting and NOT DRIVING.  I only text at red lights.  AND even then I look up to see.

Really Mija?  pay attention.

So, just sayin.  People matter.  If you are facing a human and interacting. . . . they win over a voice on an apparatus.

Be aware of your surroundings.  If you are having a fight. on a phone. in public.  well,  chances are you aren't someone who reads this so please, Snooki carry on.

If you aren't that numb to your existence  - just please make the effort to realize that your conversation is more than just yours if you choose to do it in a public forum.  And that the person next to you in line is kind of there because of random chance.  They really don't want to hear about your latest sexual conquest, pap smear or mom's breast cancer results.  We aren't your sister,  friend (though feel as though we know enough) or spouse.   Please just pay attention.  We are all just getting through this til Jesus comes back.  or we get to go home ahead of time.  I'm riding a bit of a lull in the tide.  Trying to realize I get to enjoy it.  I hate allowing myself a freedom.  I'm afraid I'd enjoy it.  GOD DAMN,  I'm so Lutheran to the soul.   I get to like beer, coffee, and hymns.  :D  yeah COFFEE!

kidding.  I love hymns.  Just done by other artists and not sung by people who can't or HATE to sing.  Beer.  oh.  dear sweet beer.  made from things that make me sick now. . . . .

technosavvy?  I take that honestly these days.  I know enough to be more than deadly.  I plan to do some major damage in the world.

in a good way.  just sayin.  So. folks,  I love you all = but be good to those you touch.  even with air, be good.





No comments:

Post a Comment