Saturday, January 12, 2013

HEAR O Israel Our God is . . . .

Okay first and foremost I love love love Israel.  I wanted to marry a Jewish man my whole life.  Of course a Messianic Jew (um duh!) but Jew nonetheless.  I like to pretend my German/Pole/Danish/Mutt/Iroquois has some Jew somewhere in it.   There has to be some "lost tribe" in me right?

The Diary of Anne Frank had me completely mesmerized.  I wanted to be Jewish the first time I realized it wasn't just who Jesus was - but that it was also a culture and a lifestyle.

Freaking Sarah Silverman.  Why does she get to be Jewish and Katie Wenzel doesn't?  I could be,  right?   Wenzel?  right?  Yeah.  Got SS all over it.  I know.

Still.  Church tonight was amazing.   Right - Saturday.  Shabbat.  Yeah baby.  Good Jewish stuff.   I get all of the SHABBAT - REST....stuff Pastor Scott was preaching.    God did not need  - repeat - DID NOT NEED to rest from HIS labor of creating the world.  right.  He spoke.  HIS words created the freaking Universe.  Logos.  from which we get the word Logic.  the Universe is um . . . Logical.  He knew HIS creation even before we messed it up.  Which we promptly did.  prolly 900 years in.  just sayin.  we are good at that messing up thing.  (ask me - i'm queen of the world at that!)  But still - HE knew us and knew we would need Shabbat.  We would need rest.  We would need to just be still and know.  We needed - uh forgive me - a break, today.   or at least this week.

I am taking a bit of a sabbatical.  I guess I am liking it.  I don't rest well.  I like that NEEDED thing.  It's an active need.  I need to be needed.  I want to be wanted and yes Mr. Gabriel - I love to be loved.    I like to be liked.  and a paycheck is also a nice perk at the end of that week.

Well, I will be employed by someone or somebody soon so I'm not freaking.  I shook the magic 8ball that is my life and I know that I'm not going to unemployed long.   GOT that out of the way.   Still.  rest.

even unemployed and freed of pressure.  I still try to justify my O2.  but.  the HUGE   )( that was between my eyes.  is going away.  I thought it was the move here - but apparently UniF. wore on me.  apparently it aged me.

Shabbat.  Sabbath rest.  not a religious rest but a personal one.  it doesn't have to be Saturday, or Sunday.   It can be Tuesday for that matter.  God had it going on when He knew we needed to chill for a bit.  He knew we would stress the hell out of ourselves.  We just don't do it.  Then it got all rules and so many steps and stupidness.  Really He just wanted us to listen and chill.  But again we are Sheeple.  (see previous post on that)

Shabbat.  own a day and then just chillax.

Shalom






No comments:

Post a Comment