Monday, January 14, 2013

Be yourself is all that you can do ......

Gun for hire?

I got a call today for a job.  6 month gig.  WAY less than I'm worth.  but actually anything is more than zero so well,  though I was an English major even I can do simple math.   The only reason I am considering not taking it is that the drive is going to be hell.  I don't do hell drives well.  70,000 a year?  hell drive?  ok.  Driving here is super duper special.  think LA, Chicago and Atlanta put together and then make it.  worse.   exponentially.

I have kids.  Now, if truth be told this year is WAY better.  Liam needs me at the school - like not at all.  Last year I was there at least 2 times a week for quite a while.  It stressed me the hell out.  I was convinced I could never get a better job since I needed to constantly bail.  That is not a factor this year.  I think the worst is over there.  Now I just want to do something cool.   By cool I mean soul feeding.  UniF.  fed nothing in me -  but I loved my peeps and I had a great office.  Period.  The company was actually life sucking and I want that 12 years back (um I mean 2.  it just felt longer)

I need to be both creative and productive.  I need to be needed (see previous post) but I need to be in a positive climate too.  My previous employment was the opposite of positive.  I do own that (I felt a bit responsible for the frustration level) and leaving may have been my penance to try to correct the vibe.  I guess it didn't.  I can't help that.  But what I can help is learning to chill when chill is needed.   For God sakes I cleaned our freezer out today.  I'm not bored -  just restless.  And that has less to do with employment and more to do with personality.   I need to feel contributory.   Like a stream.  LOL.  (tributary)

I want to do something for someone or some entity that is really great.  I know some great people that need help doing things.  The school my son goes to included.  I'm taking January to figure it out and beyond that . . . I hope some things in the works - well, work out.  In the mean time. . . . I guess I just

SAIL. . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment