Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shaving 101 - aka

Occam's Razor.

I will never pretend to not be a bit of a snob.  Okay - I'm a HUGE snob.  to MY perceived "arrogant." One of the best friends in my life can't spell rack.  He can't spell fender.  Shit,  he 'prolly can't spell shit.   But Goldberg has Occam's Razor in his FREAKING back pocket.

I'm personally telling you all that for the love of GOD - my next tattoo should be
LEX PARSIMONIAE- loosely translated into Katie-speak - KEEP IT SIMPLE SMARTIE!

I complicate the simple and make the complicated beyond the unmanageable!

I have officially and completely resigned my post as OA of Uni. Manassas..   That was hugely hard and also the easiest and yes, Spock - THE most LOGICAL thing to do.  as logic stands.  Now I get to train the woman who replaces me.  takes my chair.  basically does what I do and gasp - perhaps - does it better.  Actually - I hope she loves it.  she has worked for a tyrant so she will LOVE working for someone who will treat her like gold.

I am jumping from the Lions Head - into ?

Yet I am trying not to "Katie" this thing ALL UP!.  TRYING not to be dissecting every piece every thought every whatever could have happened into a frenzy of what could have beens.  I'm done working for a company I really didn't like -  that basically rented shirts pants and rags and really didn't do that great a job at any of it.   I had zero power to fix any of the things I got screamed at by customers and didn't get incentive to be better at anything other than what came out of my own personal conscience.  I guess the latest news is that due to an OA uprising they (aka) Corporate HR is "thinking of looking into" complaints lodged that OA's get no bonuses but every other (99% male) management position does.  ummmm.  yeah.  deuces.  peace out on that.

I stopped caring months ago and for me that was my sign.  I have to care about what I'm doing or I'm way better at doing ANYTHING else.  and when a company is paying me for X and I'm doing W -  frankly I'm stealing and I don't respect thieves.  so - I know I want to do what I want to do and that's not what I am doing so I am going to do something ELSE.  :D  suddenly I'm thinking of Paul  - " what I do I don't want to  . . . " lol little WLC humor there!

Basically this post - for lack of a better theme is Keeping it REAL.  REALality is  that I need to do something productive.  If it made some shekels - that would rock.  If it made a LOT of shekels - obviously that would rock more.  There are some bills involved with kids and frankly we do need to eat a few times a day.  Apparently - support has become a thing of memory and well - I guess - we just ride here since I try to always be the high road rider.  Not happy but we are not starving  - so well. . .  it is what it is as we say in WI.

I have a few great people on this for me - and basically anyone who finds me THE job will get a finders fee.  Based on the person - I guess they get to pick the fee. :D

So in keeping the razor analogy - the simplest things mean the most. Shave it til it's real.  Beyond skin.  take it to the core.  The things that define us are what and who we are and also should translate into what we do.

 I need to communicate.  I need to fix.  I am stupid empathic - I am a problem solver - outside of the box thinker - I read people and their needs - I very often know why people do the things they do - even the stupid things.  I am super unconventional - (really?  yeah I know right!)  I like to butt myself into situations and own them - then try to impart my "wisdom" into them to try to make things balance.  (I'm a Libra BTW)  I like when people are partnered and happy.   I am a dyed in the wool matchmaker.  I talk with my hands.  I am passionate to the death.  and a bit shy sometimes.
I drink wine because it makes me honest.  I try to hide nothing - in vino veritas.
I run for the very same reason.  running keeps me very honest.

I make things with my hands that other people pay to have made or done for them because I'm arrogant.   and horribly cheap.  I look at a scarf and KNOW I could do it.  I learned to knit in 2nd grade.  My mom couldn't teach me to sew because we spoke different languages then.  I spoke "I know it all" and she spoke - um "no you don't"   frankly she was much more fluent than I.

I still learned despite the language barrier.  Sewing is my second crafting language.  Knitting my first.  I could knit you a missile.  even if there were a penguin on the telly.

I can crochet - I can crochet awesome pasties.  (if made of licorice rope the pronunciation doesn't matter)

Basically.  here's where Katie meets World.  I want to matter.   reduce it to the basest level.

Peter Gabriel - US

I need to be needed.  I want to wanted.  I love to loved.

this way of behaving - don't know who the hell I'm saving anymore


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etOLUz7OUF8

"Love To Be Loved"
(Aaaaahi, byeeee)

So, you know how people are
When it's all gone much too far
The way their minds are made
Still, there's something you should know
That I could not let show
That fear of letting go

And in this moment, I need to be needed
With this darkness all around me, I like to be liked
In this emptiness and fear, I want to be wanted
'Cause I love to be loved
I love to be loved [x2]
Yes, I love to be loved

I cry the way that babies cry
The way they can't deny
The way they feel
Words, they climb all over you
'Til they uncover you
From where you hide

And in this moment, I need to be needed
When my self-esteem is sinking, I like to be liked
In this emptiness and fear,
I want to be wanted
'Cause I love to be loved
I love to be loved [x2]
Oh I love to be loved

This old familiar craving
I've been here before, this way of behaving
Don't know who the hell I'm saving anymore
Let it pass let it go let it leave
From the deepest place I grieve
This time I believe

And I let go [x2]
I can let go of it
Though it takes all the strength in me
And all the world can see
I'm losing such a central part of me
I can let go of it
You know I mean it
You know that I mean it
I recognize how much I've lost
But I cannot face the cost
'Cause I love to be loved

Yes I love to be loved
I love to be loved
[x3]

I love to be loved
I love to be loved
Yes I love to be loved






No comments:

Post a Comment