Monday, December 17, 2012

didn't

want to have something to say about a person who would murder in cold blood little kids.  so I am going to keep this brief.  But I have been at this "cross roads" so to speak in this whole career thing - and finding out all I gotta do is APPLY to get a sub teaching position kind of gave me pause.  .  . . and then there was Friday.  I'm in.

Here's where I have something to say.  My son has Asperger's.  I'm not going to jump on any self righteous high horse soap box.  Do I think just about anybody could snap and do something horrifically stupid as this individual?  Prolly.

I know a lot of people who the "right ones" have designated as nuts.  could they snap and kill a bunch of people? of course.  I am the LAST person who thinks gun laws are a good idea.  BUT do we need to own assault rifles?  I know a lot of people will say that's the beginning of ALL gun control.  Maybe so.  BUT If I own a gun as protection and can carry it on me at all times - I'm fairly certain I don't need to take out 30 people at a wack.  If I do, I'm a soldier and,  well then - have the hell at it.   If I'm a civilian walking around living life - chances are one gun would suffice and really one barney fife bullet is cool.

I absolutely HATE the safety police.  I do do do do.  Normally I would embrace the darwin law as just super cool karma.  But damn it people - this is so not cool on so many levels.  I don't have an answer.  I should not be in charge.  so therefore I am not.   BUT am I good with being a teacher?  HELL YEAH! Especially special ed.  I always said I only wanted to teach adults.  I'm rethinking this.

I want to make an impact.  I'm done working in corporate leather chair sitting world (really it's vinyl but I want to pretend that it's leather)  formally (until a window opens) in 4 days.   Pray I get some wisdom.  I will write nonstop until I breathe the breath of God and/or get a new gig.

Parting shots.  Asperger's doesn't make you evil.  Guns do kill people.  But not without a trigger man.   Therefore.  People kill people.  so does cancer.  and tornados and random big hail.  and texting while driving.

Bottom line (final one -  really I promise) this life here - what with all the blood and birthing and crying and stuff. . . well this life isn't forever.  IT does actually end.  early.  too early as in kindergarten kids getting gunned downed by a crazed moron.  or at 95 after a long life.  or at 37 of a massive coronary as did someone who was close to my family.   we are not forever here.  I would jump up here at share Jesus now.   . .but if you are reading this you probably already know Him,  or don't want to know HIM and are sick to death of me sharing HIM with you. . . . or hmmmmmm, welcome new friend and if you don't know humans are forever I would love to tell you what I know on a dna level to be true.  Basically I'm at that place that frankly -  if you don't know who Jesus is and haven't really checked HIM out - you must have been in a coma.  or maybe today is YOUR day.  call me. I have some wicked cool stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment