Monday, April 19, 2010

Touch me

I would say, "Get your mind out of the gutter," but frankly I wrote it and had full intent so whatever keep it where you want it.  Touch Me by Muench is a really crazy yarn that I would normally eschew like the plague - NUMBER ONE it's stupid expensive (um 17 bucks a 67 yard skein?) and NUMBER 2 it's Fuzzy Yarn.  Like sort of novelty sort of chenille -- okay more chenille than novelty but really.  AND my final NUMBER 3 Sally Melville made this COAT with it in her book THE KNIT STITCH.  Okay seriously - she used like 15-20 skeins of this stuff.  I'm sorry I don't run a small country that I can spend that much and actually make it myself - I was offended from the start and vowed never to touch the stuff because I was pretty sure if I did I would want some.


And so like a small soft tumor in my brain it festered for some 5 years - until I did some research and found some on the internet for a bit cheaper and did the deed.  Okay, it's pretty cool.  I like working with it - it's very very forgiving for a chenille.  I worked and reworked the first 15 yards and it is no worse for the wear.  I am very happy with the control I had over the worms which tend to like to come out in a chenille.  Worms are bits of the yarn that have too much twist and just kind of pop out at you mid working that are weird and annoying.  If you untwist a lot you will be fine.

I did a very sweet little purple scarf for a friend and then proceeded to order 5 more skeins just for me.  Yeah it was 50 bucks, but really it's pretty sweet stuff and 10 is better than 17 a piece.  I'll eat rice and beans for a week! Oh wait I already do.  LOL!  So Muench Touch Me - get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment