Monday, November 26, 2012

Sooooo Baaaaaaaaaaad!

Sheeple (a portmanteau of "sheep" and "people") is a term of disparagement in which people are likened to sheep, a herd animal. The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research. They undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights.

God - if we are talking MY PERSONAL (no He's not actually -  like in my pocket or on a shelf) last time I checked HE's kind of on the all knowing all seeing all powerful category . . More like one the lines of the . . . . JEHOVAH but don't step on the J.  Indy.

Sheeple.  I try so hard not to be one.  I think this last election brought out the worst of the sheeple in all of us.  White folks voting for the white guy.  Black folks and the bleeding heart liberals and the uneducated and all of Illinois went for Captain Teleprompter.  

Though I am not always so "Janey on the Spot."  I am NEVER watching tv.  Okay wait that's not true.  I do something else while watching my dvr'd shows.    I run - pedal or spin (whatever the elliptical movement is.) I can't just sit.  I sit at my job for like 9+hours and HATE IT with a capital HATE.  I can't SIT watching TV - LORD.  So news is kind of well . . . um. .  fed me.  YEAH it is.  Larry Hagman :(  Israel vs Egypt :(  Riannah and Chris Brown (stupid b. but well did you see his stuff?  um well - i would maybe take a punch to tap that . .  . . "D KIDDING!) 

God (as we discussed prior - aka the KJV of HIM - calls us - HIS  PEOPLE sheep.  a lot.  Let's talk sheep.  They are so dumb.  They will die of thirst beside a river if the water is going too fast for them.  (check for reverence 23 psalm - think STILL WATER)  They need a shepherd who knows them - cares for them and if they do not respect his authority HE will break one of their legs and then carry them on his shoulder while it heals and then said rebellious sheep will not REBEL any longer.  

Sheeple.  It's a funny term but not so really.  We should know what we stand for not just because we think it's cool.  Like really.  Abortion?  I hate to throw that as a term but Captain O used it a lot - always with women as the cartoon - oh I mean commercial voices.  Let's think about abortion from the base level.  Sex is  - OUTSIDE OF RAPE OR INCEST - a mutual act.  if you are too lazy or stupid to wear protection that is no one's fault but yours.  If I decided to drive drunk into a convenience store and kill someone standing there where exactly is the difference.  A person is a person no matter how small.  . . . (yeah Dr Seuss rocked it!)   It's my choice to do something and then kill something. . . . but I know the sheeple won't see it like that.  rights and pompoms and banners oh my.  All I'm saying is at the core.  there is so much more. if you look for it.

  


The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
-- KJV

  

No comments:

Post a Comment