Monday, November 19, 2012

no shit

sorry for the irreverence.  but it fits and I'll tell you why.  What we often think is.  isn't always.  I was super sick this weekend.  Started Sunday morning and as my children will tell you I was STUPID DRUNK the night before.  I was.  But it was a fun drunk.  I didn't expose myself nor did I tell where the family jewels are stashed.  I was just having fun and lost track of wine.  It had already been a great day -  on my run I found a 100 bill.  tell me that won't start you on a good note.  LOL.

I ran 10+ - even got lost and didn't care - trusted my gut and found my way.  I freaking love that.

And then I finally got to know the mom of my Trinity's  bff.  and her sister.  and nephew and future wife and well . . .  - I made friends.  I don't make friends easily.  NOW I hear you all who ARE friends saying PLEASE you make friends like water.  nope.  I so do not.  I'm super closed these days.  If you get in -  I must relate to you on a cellular level or I know you from another life (kidding of course) but these ladies are amazing.  Nicki (sorry not sure spelling) and her sweet sister and her amazing husband - and her son and his sweet Megan.  Wow.  This is a family I wish I was part of.  And frankly I love my family - well = like family :D  But This family - wow.  Almost like what I imagine the Thomas clan to be like.  I know the Burk's and they are super.  I know so many great families and really miss mine.
I was raised in the small town of Winneconne Wisconsin.  We had traditions.  I really miss them.  I miss St.Pauls on Sunday 8am service.  (God doesn't show up later than 8 don't cha know)

I miss sun rise service on Easter.  I miss common cup communion.  I miss one big table at my grandparents house for Christmas eve service and Danish Christmas Soup.  I miss olives on my fingers.

I was sick today.  I have strep so being the smart and frugal girl (not!) I took old amoxicillin.  still, it fixed it.  sue me.  I hate being sick.  Our dog was sicker so I had to take care of her first.  I'm fine now.  But I discovered that I can NOT be home with nothing to do.  I was like one of those parrots who pull out their feathers.  I need to do SOMETHING.  This is of course a good thing.  writing.  yes.  IT's good.  But Useful.  I need that.  More than O2.  I need to mean something.  :Yet.

Yet.  standing in the kitchen today (because I was home when she got there after school) while- separating bone from chicken thigh meat my Trinity talked to me.  2 hours she talked. bantor.  I listened.  she shared - ideas.  thoughts.  things that matter to her.  I'm way open with my kids - don't know if that's a good thing - guess we see.


So.  I was positive we had mice.  There were droppings.  ugh.  I wanted to cry.  I clean.  I do.  I try hard.  But well, I work.  So, I'm gone a lot.  I was ranting and trying to figure out where they were coming from.  and then Trin shook one of our "newly inside plants."   Seed pods.

Just cuz it looks like mice poop -  . . . could be a seed pod.  Trin is a freaking GENIUS!  No mice - just the seed pods from the orchid plant.  OMG.  "no shit" really is - no shit.  I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment