Saturday, November 24, 2012

Nothing new under the sun . . .


Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, Monopoly

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you

World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you


I was only about 18 months old when this song came out in 1971 and yet for some crazy reason it has been echoing in my head for the last few days.  I'm fairly certain that it's because Senior Presidente has finessed the gullible lemmings in this country into thinking that he's the man.  And yet really, I don't care all that much.  This is a 40 year old song that hasn't changed it's tune. Right.  "Tax the rich.  feed the poor - till there are no rich no more".  Cuz God bless America we soooooo "know" communism works.  Yeah they are such a happy lot.  Ya'll gotta love the grey suit. it's so flattering.  And wow.  Cuba's so freaking happy.  

But right, drink the koolade = things are perfect here.  not.

The fact that things are again HOT in Israel and NOT so super-good nor getting better - I'm not camping nor happy.  Israel is my litmus test.  If they aren't happy aint NOBODY happy.  (except Dubai - they are always happy - and shopping.  with a ski slope - in the desert and all! that you have to admit is pretty freaking cool right?  I know! )

Personally - I don't care if you thought W was a moron (because he so was!)  but he backed Israel.  I am not going to pretend to be a conspiratory theorist.  I won't pretend because I SO AM!  spin something cool my way - let me noodle it a bit.  I'm X-files in the REAL!  Smoking man and all.  But I've actually read the book.  WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to the end.  I actually skipped to the end.  (sue me)   I know this ends sorta bad.  blood and a valley and stuff.  it's not going to be good.  though I gotta say the Ted Nugent Jesus sounds way cool right? 

so as the day closes.  well.  I'm hoping the sun rises.  There are a few things we hope don't change.  for today.  But then again.  I quit my job on 12/21/12.  last day of the universe.  OR not. :D  again nothing new under the sun.  or

maybe not.



.   

No comments:

Post a Comment