Monday, January 2, 2012

White trash exotic



I know my last post was all AMERICA the awesome and BRAVE and non trashy yarn.  . . . And I am all about the non trashy yarn AND the trashy yarn if that is how you personally roll cuz dear LORD we are AM=rmkins (say it in W's voice and it sounds cool) I loves me some trashy yarn - but the difference is I know from good yarn - just like I will drink shitty wine if I'm with friends and that's what they are drinking and that is what they like.  I don't drink PINK thinnnnngs - but well  - I won't shove my knowledge of the good stuff into the uninitiated.  What makes you happy is what makes you happy.  I just don't drink pink wine.  White is not even my favorite.  But = well.  When in Virginia . . . I won't make anyone feel bad if that's her choice.  But I have to share a good thing tonight. And when I actually invent something I have to share since it's an anomaly of the best sort.  My sweet son was all about my fruit salad.  therefore i need to share. 

I am privy to some exotic ingredients so I try to use different things when I can.  If you don't have them just experiment.  Life is full of fun things.  Experiment.

A star fruit
A dragon fruit
A pineapple
A pomegranate
2 fugi apples
2 honey tangerines
1/2 cup honey
cut this all up and arrange in a bowl

for the sauce - 3 tangerines - 1 lemon squeeze in your preferred manner.  I have a hand held contraption that freaking sucks.  If you have something better - bully for you!  I got about a cup and a 1/3.  I heated that with an egg and 2 T of cider vinegar and 1 cup of sugar after that was stirred into oblivion and stirred until it thickened.  COOL.  I added HERE'S THE WHITE TRASH PART - a container of cool whip.  Dear LORD YUM!!!  Add to the fruit and everyone is happy.  Actually - if you want to just do the sauce and cut up apples to dip - all good.  enjoy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment