Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The super sexual where it's not appropriate



"you will find a nice firm squeeze on the hooter a nice safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."  huh?  "fine as long as the cuffs match the collars."  "well, hello Miss Pussy Galor."  "oh that's just my little octopussy."

Ok I digress but when you see the sexual and down right blatant sexual reference in a kids movie (not talking James Bond - Lord he bangs everything with two south holes) I am kind of grossed out.  I'll be honest. I've been watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang forever.  Never picked up on the bondage scene.  Watch it for yourself.  You might be my little chuchy face but you my dear are wearing a corset and not in a skinny way.  It just took me aback. 

I have kids.  And I'm not stupid.  I don't (like my wonderful parents - no disrespect intended) pretend I don't have sex.  I tell my kids that it's amazing and wonderful (hello God made it fun).  I let them know it's perfectly natural and that they get to choose who touches them.  That touching themselves is natural and not shameful and that they need to love their bodies because God made them awesome and to treat their bodies like GOLD.  THAT being said.  YUCK on the creepy shows.  I so don't understand letting your child watch an adult movie and then being repulsed that there is sex in it - um duh,. adult movie = sex.  BUT a kid's movie?  Not talking about Fight Club and someone splicing in footage of a dick - I mean stupid things in kids movies.  It's getting to the ridiculous level.

I of all people know sex sells.  always has always will.  It's a huge industry.  And I also don't want naive kids who are too stupid in the ways of the world to get conned into anything.  This world is a tough place - savvy is the way you need to be but not slutty.  God rules - but the devil (note the lower case) has some play still.  This world is a mess.  We as people aren't perfect - no matter what Michael Fisher thinks about himself or his kids - we are flawed individuals.  But God aways forgives when we ask.

At the end of the day.  Sex sells.  But really when that's what you are selling . . . . what does it cost you?  in the forever sense.  is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment