Sunday, January 1, 2012

I am offended :D


So after this - there will be much posting about food and frivolity, of clarinets and cookies and rum and roasts and all other things alliterative, but til then I am truly offended. read - big FROWNY FACE!

 I was standing in Michael's - fondling yarn - and yes that is legal in this state - when two "German accented women of mammoth proportion" started talking about, "zees americaaaanz don't like zee pretty - zey like zee oughgly yaaaarn. - zey like zeeeez stuff( picking up the tackiest yarn on the planet).  zeez oughgly yaaarn."  And then followed with the haa haas and much guffawing on the part of the ugly americans who like the ugly yarn and such. 

I was truly dumb founded and started fondling the prettiest yarn I could have quickly and tried to think of an appropriate retort that would defend GOD and COUNTRY and KNITTER but sadly they were gone as fast as they descended. 

I am personally of German blood and choose to believe they were French just pretending to be rude Germans but sadly I cannot continue that ruse.  They were clearly Austrian.  Whatever.  I was offended and that makes me smile.  I was driven to defending my country - IN my country and whether I acted or not is NOT the point.  It makes me know that I care - and care I do.  I do.  I'm an American.  Maybe from Germanic/Polish/Danish/American Indian decent but I'm a dyed in the wool Wisconsin girl.  Don't mess with Midwest chicks.  We can cook - clean - sew and will kick your ass if we need to - but in a nice way :D.

I love that I care about America - too few do.  We have reduced America to a cliche for too many to disregard.  I care.  I love my country - bad President and all.  And yeah that went back to Reagan (the last good one in my mind).

But I'm awake - finally.  It's taken a little bit but I'm back.  I'm awake and alive.  Kicking and screaming - I KNOW this will be a good year.  I hope I'm offended more often.  It makes me think about what I care about.  I hope you are offended too - and thinking.  And acting.  It's really really important that the smart thinking people are doing something.  I don't care if it's an Occupy whatever - personally I think that's a little too lazy and 60's to make any impact and frankly the lice and herpies alone would turn me off but if they think they are "doing" something besides blowing their trust funds - Then have at it. 

Today - this first day of 2012 all I can say is SHALOM YHWH!

No comments:

Post a Comment