Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Fine Arts of Gravity and Tea




So, in the planning stage of my daughter's party I had already built in the element of serendipity.  I know my life.  Been here 42 personal years.  13 parent years.  11 girl years.  Got it.  So for my peanut turning 10 I had in my head the gorgeous extravaganza - but I have learned that girls take things in their own personal comfort zone so I backed the hell off and let them do.  Can I share how huge my smile is right now?

Ice cream cake I personally baked last night and partially due to sort of failure This MORNING- - Check
Tea sandwiches I made last night and cut today into pretty shapes and then consumed by family before guests arrived - um.  check.
cupcakes too freakin cute for words - f'n CHECK
Pizza - duh. check

okay so I am a total whore to the splendor. The DRAMA if you will.  I bought the stupid helium tank and filled the house with balloons.  My daughter turns 10 - bring on the freaking balloons.  Then I thought - let the little ones write wishes and let the balloons go . . . .

Roger is on his way to walmart to get another tank . . .

Dear Jesus apparently we've got an F ton of wishes . . . .  these girls . . . . LOL

But I go down in history as the cool mom. 

And I heard my first justin bieber song today because one girl's wish was to have his baby (no shit).  Yeah.  he sucks. 

thanks be to GOD my girls know good music. 

I will respect diversity but frankly that was the lamest - Tiffany - Debbie Gibson crap I ever heard. Usher needs to sit down and let it go.  Yuck.

BUT - sweet girl that I won't name since I personally find you adorable and you are still in my house - best wishes on having his baby.  Not gonna happen.  :D

Roger is at Walmart getting another tank.  We got wishes - yes we do.  We got wishes - how bout you?
We have tea cups from the antique store and brides maids dresses - but the hit?  HELIUM BALLOONS.  Okay - I roll.  I was really fooling myself that the cucumber sandwiches would even be eaten.  Yeah. I hate that crap.

But I like tea, it's more elegant than coffee and less in your face. . . . 

And I like wishes.  sorry.  i do.

they are like prayers only softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment