Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tapenade

Ooooh and since I felt the drive to cook for something like 3 hours this evening - Yeah I'm a freak - It's a gift.  I also made this tapenade that reminded me of this little restaurant that my first husband and I frequented in Eagle, WI.  They served this amazing bread with this "stuff" on it that was a revelation to the uninitiated.  It was basically an olive "paste" and I use all these quotes because I don't actually have that recipe but I do have the stuff that I made tonight that frankly I would lick out of an old shoe (okay if the former owner had no fungus issues) if it was on the menu.  I kind of made it up from a taste memory - I'm working on memories right now - so here it is:

Tapenade Ala Memorio
3/4 a can of black olives - pits removed (the other 1/4 needs to be wrestled from the gapping maw of my daughter Trinity before she gets sick)
1/2 cup green olives with pimento ( I hate pimento unless finely chopped so feel free to get onion stuffed)
2 T of capers
2 T dijon mustard (feel free to drive up to any fancy car and ask for it)
2 big cloves of garlic
now - use that fancy slap chop that some jerk told you to buy - okay I use mine every freakin day - it's fantastic and no knuckles busted in the process.
That my friends is it - can be served on crusty bread (how I miss thee oh gluten) or just shoveled in via a celery stick - enjoy.  Really good with a warmed sandwich on sourdough - served on a hubcap is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment