Saturday, January 29, 2011

Entropy in the Kitchen

So hey - yeah It's me pulling out the big thoughts and big words but really - what the hell is cooking or feeding people but not big?


So tonight was chaos and I don't mean that in a oh my house is so awesome and oh here's what I awesomely made amid said chaos = HELLs no = it was chaos.  I noticed - last week that during my husband's LONG stint of working THROUGH - freaking everything - the sink in the kitchen was leaking and being the good wife - I waited til he was actually listening and after sex to tell him (I'm NOT stupid :D) SO today we went to pick out THE NEW faucet - and YES he took me along since he does actually want sex again and wants me involved :D

SO we discovered he doesn't much fit into the undersink area, so guess who did most of the faucet work?  MEEEEEE~~~~~~~~~~  YUP!  I was okay with being supervised from above. 

SO as far as dinner - I'm not sharing the actual Peanut Chicken and Beef Satay - just yet.  I need to make it a few more times.  BUT dessert.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSS  - I will share since MOM pretty much ate them all!

White Chocolate Honey in Chocolate Crust

A  bag of semisweet or dark choco chips
2 oz Honey Brandy or just brandy
White Chocolate (5 oz) cut into small pieces
2 cups whipped cream

Okay so in small muffin cup liners or regular liners decide what you want before hand and if it's small you will obviously get more - larger less (duh) and here we go

Met dark chocolate and spoon into liners. - If you worry about getting chocolate on your fingers stop now and walk away this craft isn't for you and really you are not my friend nor will I ever be able to explain anything further because working with chocolate NECESSITATES actually touching the stuff.  Okay that said EMBRACCCCEEE your inner chocolate goddess - okay that was lame - just touch the shit.  It won't hurt you - I promise.  Take the back of the tablespoon and line the liners with it really thick and lay them into a cupcake pan - keep going until you are out of liners or chocolate or things you want to line with chocolate :D

Stick them in the fridge

NEXT

2 oz of honey brandy YUMMMMM or just brandy
1/3 cup honey

warm in a pan ADD
5 oz of white chocolate chips

stir - and COOLLLLLL 
a bit (like 10 minutes) THEN ADD
2 cups whipped cream  already whipped !!!! or half a container of cool whip - oh yes - your cheap ass can decide! PUT BACK INTO FRIDGE UNTIL CHOCOLATE IS COLD


WHEN the cups o chocolate goodness are cool peel away the paper CAREFULLY and then spoon the honey goodness into them.  Take a colander and just lightly sprinkle some cocoa powder over them to make them pretty but really they rock.  You also could (if you had them) sprinkle chopped pistachios on top - that would be lovely!!!!

Roger's mom ate a ton = really.  That's a 94 year old thumbs up!

So - I will write more about entropy - but as far as I see it I am the living embodiment of entropy in the kitchen!  I cook because I am energy just falling away.  I can't freakin eat half of what I make.   Tell me that's not wasted energy?  sigh - why do I bother?  Because I care.  that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment