Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trinity's Trio

So, my daughter has a thing for cheese.  It's an obsession really.  As the lactose intolerant mom - I live vicariously through my kids.  It's kind of like being the sick stage mom who pushes her kids to be stars (hello - Lindsey Lohan's parents!) but in a more Dairy like environment with not so much the alcohol and drugs!

I love to make homemade mac and cheese (yes, I make the box kind often - I'm not ready to be made Saint Katie ANY time soon) but when it's requested and I actually have the ingredients - why not? 

So the homemade stuff just takes a few more steps but really not that much - noodles - well, not the spaghetti kind.  Really anything macaroni-ish (if that's a category) it needs to have holes to be infused with the cheese stuff.  I could go into the hour long dissertation on pasta but I will spare you.  Basically, just think -  if it has sauce that needs to be WITH it - long and stringy is fine.  IF the sauce needs to be IN it and part of the WHOLE experience then it needs to have a hole or pockets.  SO that being said - use whatever the hell you want :D

Preheat oven to 350

I did 16 oz of pasta (small macaroni)

Boil water with a ton of salt - think as salty as the sea and you won't need to salt your pasta later! Cook IT (pasta of your choosing) to al dente (slightly underdone) and drain.  Put the hot pasta into a crock or something that can go into your oven  - add 8 slices of american cheese (yea the kind in the wrapper) 1 cup of milk and 1/2 stick of butter.  Put in oven for 20 minutes.  Take out and mix - judge if your pasta was thirsty and either add more milk or more cheese (there's always room for cheese :D) I added some parm and another slice of cheese here. If you have some shredded colby jack that's always good - if not no harm!   Heat again for a brief 10=15 minute burst.  Enjoy

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

Trinity asked when I was making grilled cheese sandwiches - if I could do a grilled cheese with MAC AND CHEESE?

But of course I can :D ( I of course did the crazy french accent - because what could be more fun than zat?)

I put a stick of butter in the pan (yes- yes I did!)
My homemade bread slices (not so thin) both sides of both pieces (I'm so glad I'm not eating this :D)
Cheese on each piece and then my mac and cheese on each - join in holy matrimony of cheese!  Enjoy!

The holy TRINITY of cheese!  DAIRY overload!  LOVE IT!  That is Trinity's contribution to the world of cheese.  Some like the Elvis sandwich == there will be a trinity sandwich soon!  I know it!  May the cheese be with ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment