Wednesday, February 9, 2011

stuff

Damn that's boring as a title and yet - so much is happening.  I am no longer unemployed.  I was offered a job with a company as the office administrator (yes - management!) in Manassas.  SMALL management though and that makes me happy.  I like to be the go to person but let me start this small and THEN I will rule the world :D  I know when I start and it's not for a bit -  so in the mean time I am crafting and decorating and exercising like a crazy person.  I have to share my HUGE score today thrifting!!!  OMG I got a pair of VERSACE pants for $4!!!  5 sweaters 2 of which are Cashmere and 5 nice dress shirts for Roger!  I spent like a dollar each!  I love thrifting.  Banana Republic wool skirt  - $2. 

SO - I am finishing - after frogging my birthday sweater - I hate following anyone else's directions for how to fit my body.  I've been knitting for almost 36 years  - I got this one!  I know my shape & what works - I still totally f' up things but it's my f'up!  I like to knit so much I don't even care.  Frog it and start over.  I will post when I'm done.  I'm a crazy person on this.  I have rules.  I knit on the machine.  AKA the iron man = the elipical.  I've been doing about 3 hours a day - knitting and reading and watching travel channel.  I'm figuring out how to get my new employer to get me a tread climber. 

So the new sweater is a great design = basically two tubes.  Arm hole - straight for back - arm hole then cast on for body - knit tube.  I love no sewing!  I am so so lazy with the sewing. 

Dinner was interesting the last two days = we had Trinity's birthday dinner yesterday - see Alton Brown's Taco episode on Good Eats.  That was dinner.  Yum!!!!!!!!!  Tonight - along with a bottle of Bubbly to celebrate my job and Roger getting a nice review - but I had some top neck clams to cook and besides 2 lbs of bacon for blt's (yeah - easy dinner for me - bake two lbs of bacon on racks.  save grease - done!) I had top neck clams that I steamed on an onion - sweated - jalapeno - sweated - garlic (a ton - sweated and some white wine - 2 lbs of top necks sweated with the stuff - I added some crushed green olives and some capers - only eat the clams that open.  Enjoy. 

I am so conflicted lately.  I tend toward the dark colors and yet - am so crow-ish in my bend toward sparkly things.  I - have a very deep dark secret that really I need to share.  I am now.  today.  a glee fan.

hides face.  I really didn't want to be.  but.  OMG - hello  high school for me!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glee is my freakin hs experience!  Add in Forensics and shit we got it  - Winneconne and all!   JR as Kurt - yup = ya think?  Yup!!!!  Bring it - and yes - I can sing thankyouverymuch :D baby you are a firework - make em' go oh oh oh!!!!!  LOVE IT - I am Kathryn Joanne Wenzel Sullivan-Howard and I am a Glee fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment