Sunday, January 16, 2011

1969

So, sitting around with a group of people a number of years ago with my first husband and father of my children Tim, we started discussing the amazing coolness that happened in 1969.  Besides the birth of each other we came up with some cool and not always nice things that occured in the year that ended Peace and LOVE.  You have the Manson murders, Man walked on the Moon, Woodstock, Monty Python, and others that will hit me randomly so I will just chime in.  But I have to say being born then just kind of resonates.  I mean no disrespect if you were unfortunately NOT born in the coolest year ever, but well, I did.  And as such -  I carry that with me.  It's my burden and I will bear it happily :D

SO that being said I also had to endure High School in the 80's.  I looked like Madonna, dressed like Molly Ringwald and Relaxed because Freddy said to.  It was BiG and full of Aquanet and gel.  But honestly - I am less the 80's and more of the generation that questioned. (you pick since there were actually a lot who did!)  I have always felt out of time, like I got dropped into a generation where I didn't quite fit.  Not because I was a geek (yep) or a nerd (again yep!) but because the pieces just didn't fit nor did they fall away (yeah Tool!)  I felt out of place and time.  I know other people like me so don't start sending me Ritalin or Prozac thank you - though the Ritalin I think I could get good money for so - well, have at it . . .  but anywho . .  . I was a Beatles fan when my PARENTS couldn't name a damn BEATLES song if their freakin life depended on it!   I was BORN during the Beatles thing - and Janis and Jimmie and DEAR JESUS the SuMMER OF LOVE!  I claim the entire YEAR since I was conceived that year!  I was a night of LOVIN when my daddy was smiling and all ya'll makin faces right now - come on!  I'm a momma and I know where to put slot a into b so shut up!  I like to think that it was the best night ever and those other two just happened :D  LOVE YOU TWO :D

But to stop you right here I gotta say.  Unlike everyone ELSE from 69 I have NEVER done drugs (alcohol NOT withstanding) and frankly at this point it's just a mute point.  I'm too old and smart for it though if you sent me a 75 yr old bottle of Burgundy I certainly would NOT send it back :D BUT if you had something good and traveled here and it was fun - bring it.  I'm a great hostesses!  I personally LOVE Absinthe.  Yes technically it's legal and a halucinogen.  Okay bring it.  We'll play ding dong ditch - just ask Roger!!!  THAT was a good night :D

SO anywho ;-D

I know so so many people who have lead super de duper sheltered lives and so so many who haven't and it's funny - at this age we all just kind of blend.  We have scars  - we have bruises that may or may not have healed but we just - are.  We continue.  We have children or not, marriages or not, and we just move forward because - frankly, what's the alternative?  When I chose to end my marriage I thought I was standing on the edge of Columbus' world when everyone said it was flat and in my soul - I knew it was round. 

It is round. 

And we continue  . . . .

and CERTAINLY I mean no disrespect to Tim because he is an amazing man who I still love deeply and think the sun moon and stars of, but as we both move on life changes.

BUT really - it doesn't.

Clothes change and the role of women may change and the cool color of your skin may be in or not (though  - as a CHRISTIAN - Jews rock and I will think that Israel - right or wrong is the shit!) but really people just are.  We need.  We need food, sex and to feel needed.  BASIC right.  right.  We are dumb and smart and serve GOD or don't - it's just basically as close to the dirt as possible - it just is life.  So what I am saying here in my little diatribe is that - well, SHIT - "Love the one yer with."

Yes I just said that.  Do it.  NOW.  I am a very very smart woman - people have come out of my body - I have superpowers and spiritual gifts and the best THE BEST thing I can say to you is LOVE THE ONE YOU ARE WITH. 

And make cookies.

1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown (pack it baby)
2 eggs
1 t baking soda
1 T vanilla
1 t salt

mix well add
2 cups m&m's and choco chips
2 cups flour
   
If you want to add maryjane at this point (From R I've heard it's fun- me - never had so I'm not going to say since I have no way to try it or tell you effects - just sayin)


Drop onto cookie sheet into a 350 oven in the size you like - personally I can't eat flour so what the hell - make them big or small I don't care - but since I like my size midrange :D have at it :D  Bake at 350 for like 8 minutes - you judge since I used to like my cookies on the slightly underdone side - but whatever - you pick just pay attention!

Anyway - in all seriousness - really really folks.  This is not a freakin dress rehearsal - do it right - love up on those you do and well - if you don't and you HAVE to share air space - just be nice -  I promise - there will be cookies at the end!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment