Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pleasure Sauce

I'm pretty sure I want to write THAT book.

Okay.

So,  as I am gainfully employed for the present - I would send this recommendation to you if you are of the same and can do as such.  Take a day off during the week for no good reason other than to do it.

I was a stay at home mom for so many years - though I sewed for a home business during that time  - doing something I passionately loved and proudly - FREAKING rocked at.  I got to keep my own schedule.  BUT I was surrounded by 3 little people who, though delightful, were shockingly quite demanding in their need of me.  My time was summarily NOT my own.  Flash forward a few years and they really do love me but do not require my every waking second to wipe nether regions nor feed their ever present gaping maws every second of every day!  In fact - if truth be told - I do think they would like LESS of me on certain days and ABSOLUTELY at certain moments of direct parenting.  FINE.  But my time again isSTILL not mine.  I happen to work for a wonderful person.  His character is so beyond description I just won't.  At the end of the day - if he were not at the helm - the ride would not be worth it.  period.  BUT still.  It's not me calling the shots (though everyone in the office knows who actually runs the show and they have girl parts and their names rhyme with Sarrah and Katie)  just preaching the truth folks.

My kids came back to get re"programmed" for the school year a full 2 weeks early this year.  I'm SO not saying Tim and Sabrina and various/sundry family members did a bad job - it's just not quite home and bed and bedtimes and school supplies and routine when you aren't here.  So I asked that they come home early to get the pattern started.  Then Trinity (first day home) tore out her ankle at a Hunger Games Bday party.  :( If nothing else - she is SO my kid.  Welcome to the fold young one.  Get used to it.

So again back to the subject.  Time.  I petition you if you can to JUST (carpe diem it and ) Take the day.  We have things for the kids to do in this next week - Roger and I have both stayed home - today was my personal day.  I lounged in bed to the salacious time of 7am!  call me a whore - deservedly!  Then I ran - not as far as I wanted but again - I'm listening when my body says - enough - please let me heal.  I feel good and not like a wrung out dish rag as I had in the past when I soldiered on and JUST DID IT and then hated life for 3 days.  I learn.  and yes I can be taught!  LOL!

But then after my run we went to both donate to Salvation Army and PURCHASE (always my favorite part).  I freaking love that store.  They may be slightly more expensive than most thrift stores but they only take good quality things so the crap factor is reduced.  I'm okay with that.  4 pair of jeans 17 t-shirts 4 sweaters a silk skirt and a NEW pair of sandals was 60 bucks.  I'm pretty sure the DKNY jeans were 60 bucks new.

My crazy grocery store - at 2pm on a Thursday was different.  I liked it.  New vibe.  Different cashier.  GORGEOUS (not sure origin - just gorgeous - spoke Indian - Spanish and English. )  Rosetta stone here I come.  Wow.  She was all of 12 (kidding maybe 16!)

Blue crab.  1.99 lb - score.  It was fun watching them grab each other for dear life - not knowing I WANT YOU ALL  (insert evil mwaaaaaaahhhhh laugh here)

Got ground meat and marrow bones and OF course - BEEF HEART!!!!  yum.  and then there it was.  like the holy freaking grail.  in a jar.  Why else am I on earth other than to praise GOD and to serve man but HOLY HANNAH there it was.  The answer to all life's ills and troubles and cancer and divorce and global warming and improper fitting underwear.. . . . it was simply on a shelf next to it's neighbors that I did not purchase.  Ladies and gentlemen I give you . . .



  

Pleasure sauce.  PERIOD.  really?  It comes in a jar?    Ingredients - in case you should need some of your own pleasure and don't live here - Apple cider Vinegar. Jalapeno peppers.  Cilantro, EVOO (yeah Rachel bite me) Salt, Garlic, Apparently the phrase " all natural, Burn with pleasure" are also in the ingredient listing.  I personally am okay with that.

End of day.  If you can just do "nothing" in your life for a day - do it.  Vacations are great.  Loved Vegas - but really - to be honest I did not come back refreshed - I wanted to go back instantly.  Vacation is spoil city.  I was spoiled.  Times a million.  I WANT VACATION 24/7 365!!!!  Not in my lifetime unless we win the lottery or I invent something.  Work just IS - like it or not.  I miss working for myself but frankly the boss can be a bitch now and then.  :D  still.

But if you do nothing for a day - it's just you - already in town.  At home.  Sleep in.  work out.  shower.  Shave things you don't always have time to do so carefully.  Just sayin :D.  Watch a movie - or shop.  Go where you always do but at a different hour.  get the different vibe.  relax.  eat a slow meal - or better.  Don't.  wait and don't eat and have a huge dinner.  find a cool store that you've been to scared to go to for language or whatever reason and JUST DO IT.  LOAD up - get something amazing - find a used bookstore and get a new cook book and use your new skills to make something great - or new or whatever.  all I'm saying is that a mental health day is the living embodiment of PLEASURE SAUCE.  spread it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment