Thursday, August 30, 2012

Katie's day off

So I took a sic-ation day today.  I really don't feel well because R decided to get sick last Saturday  - though I tried explaining that was a really BAD idea all around - then he decided to share said sickness with me.  I'm not really sick per say just not feeling super awesome.  Plus I'd scheduled this day off already.  Don't care.  My day.  Sick or not I persevered.  Plus it's his Birthday!  Can't sleep through that one.  Got up and watched the WEIRDEST claymation movie ever on our stationary bike.  Mary and Max.  Netflix it.  Bizarre and haunting.  soooooo I pedaled til the movie ended and my butt was numb.  But I really wanted to run so I went outside to jump rope (yeah I know - adhd girl.) got tired of that so came in and did a quick 4 miles.  Took the kids to the mall as promised.  Got said items for birthday  - ingredients for cake, dinner and card.  Came home - baked cake and sat outside making Trinity's messenger bag (going to be knit and felted - by Tuesday - fingers WAY crossed) Frosted cake and then took Aislinn to her open house to meet her 5th grade (OMG) teacher.  Dollar store on the way home for MORE gifts (an entire box filled with his favorite candy and balloons!) Finished the cake wrapped box of candy and then took a good look at the kitchen. ugh.

Have you ever been so frustrated with the grime level in your dwelling that you just did the following . . .

Half a bottle of bleach mixed with as much water.  Kind of a cleaning version of napalm!  I blasted my entire freaking kitchen - walls and all.  The wall behind our garbage can got straight bleach and I sincerely hope my hands recover but you really could eat off my floor right now.

When you work full time -  live with 3 kids - 3 dogs - 2 guinea pigs (who remain close but separate) and a husband who does a mean load of laundry, cleans up after a frantic evening meal and will carry all of the groceries in by himself (but doesn't NOTICE when his bathroom has gone on a garbage strike!)  a day off is certainly not a bonbon filled massage-fest.  I'm not complaining - just warning those of you who are considering having humans exit your body and then care for them til they run away - either marry a rich man or go to school and get a job that pays you a lot so you can have someone else napalm your dirt.  Or just get used to doing yourowndamnself.  I don't really care - it's actually kind of fun (in that sick sort of way) but that is my day.  sort of.  I need to start dinner now.  Oh wait - one of the dogs is puking. I need a glass of wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment