Friday, December 31, 2010

Peace, Love and Bacon Grease

My name is Kathryn Joanne Wenzel Sullivan-Howard and I am a big fat hypocrite.  Whew, I feel much much better now. 

Why?  Because I don't eat pork for many stupid and made up reasons.  Jesus didn't eat pork.  Yeah and he didn't eat shrimp either bitch and you wolf those down like a whore at a oyster shooter contest - oh and speaking of . . . . .   OK OK I love shrimp and oysters and lobster!  YES!  guilty.  I just don't like pig.  I just don't.  I HATE HATE HATE HATE (did I say hate?) ham.  I will eat it if my life is in jeopardy OR a family member fixes it and I have nothing else to eat except bread which I also can't eat.  I just hate ham.  and . . . . . and . . . .. wait for it. . . . bacon.  yeah.  I personally don't like bacon.  I'M SORRY!  I know that's like the next cool OMG cover it in chocolate and everyone will order it or wait deep fry it and serve it with a side of gravy - oh it's the next greatest thing.  . . . . sorry  - I don't like bacon sam I am - I just don't like pig. 

I don't like pig ribs don't like ham don't like deep fried chitlins.  . ,. . I just really wish Jesus had sent ever last freakin one of them over the cliff . . . sorry . . . . I don't like pigs.     BUT but but but! .  . . . .  wait for it . . . BACON GREASE is the nector of the gods for cooking.  And I use it with wild abandon!  I LOVE BACON GREASE!

Wow I feel so releaved to be unburdened of that.  I use every last bit of bacon grease that my children hungrily consume.  I am so fine with making bacon for my family - hell yeah - I get what's left.  I actually made 3 lbs one Sunday just to see how very much could be eaten in one sitting.  Yes - it went!!!  3lbs  - 3 kids!  Now I am well aware that three pounds of bacon does not equal three pounds of eating - but the grease alone kept me cooking for weeks.  I am such a guilty girl.  I confess.  Nothing rivals bacon grease for savory cooking.  There just isn't anything.  I eat bone marrow on a regular basis so I know from yummy fatty goodness and I'm sorry - bacon grease is the shit!  It just is.

SO here we go - hash browns in bacon grease.

This is so much easier if you actually MADE bacon - like five minutes ago so the pan is still - like hot - and full of - like bacon grease - (sorry - was just talking to like - my daughter!)

so if you Were NOT just doing the bacon = you need a f' ton of grease = I mean a lot - in a BIG skillet - heat it up - if it's not already and put in your shredded hashbrowns - and then cover.  and turn it to low.  and cook for 10 minutes then totally flip and do like 5 more minutes.  Give to Trinity and watch her smile :D

Beef Roast with beer - braised in BACON GREASE
Tonight' dinner started in BG.  I started the bottom round roast (3.5lbs) in a lot (okay a ton) of BG and then set in the 250 oven for 6 YES 6 hours with 2 beers - 1 lb of baby carrots, an onion - 1 lb of mushrooms and a few stalks of celery.    Mom marveled at the tenderness of the roast.  I told her it was the pure sweetness of the cook :D - but we all know it was the bacon grease.  I may just render it into perfume.  hmmmmmmmmmmm.  I do have a book coming out - hmmmmmm  tell me I don't have a best seller with the bacon grease essence - what have women said for years?  Men are . . . .?  finish my sentence with three letters that start with P and end with G . . . . Right.  Nuff said.  Rub bacon behind your ears and they will follow you home.  Unless you are Kosher and then well . . . . oye  - I can't help you.  :D

Happy New Year Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment