Sunday, June 20, 2010

Show me the money!!!!!!!

Okay so what is it about fucking money that makes me so nuts?  Oh I know I should say mad. BUT no, I mean nuts.  Stark raving - drool inducing - white coat bringing batshit CRAZY?!?  Case in point - we go to a baseball game today for Father's Day.  Roger WON 2 free tickets to the Nationals vs THE CHICAGO WHITESOX! (aka his team) we go ( I hate professional sports for so many reason's it's not funny and Julie Powell can go all Democrat on my ass, but I'm SORRY I abhor Dem's and Sports)

So we go to this game -  balls to the wind (not mine really) 3 kids and the two sort-of adults.  We now need to purchase 3 tickets to augment the 2 he won.  Okay we get lost on the way to finding our paid parking.  WORD TO THE NATIONALS staff  - your parking people suck.  No one.  And I mean NO ONE knew where the lot we PAID ONLINE to park at was.  30 minutes later we find it by blind luck.  Okay - it is close to 2 billion degrees on planet DC and we are lugging shit to the game!

Flash forward - it's good = we get there and Roger gets his game on.  But all I can think is OMG this is costing us 35 dollars an hour!  And I don't even get to drink!!!!  Cuz that's how I think.  Sorry - sign me up for some 12 step BS but I'm from WI.  We are born with a freakin beer in our sippy cup!

NOW I'm 40 - statute of limitations aside I have great parents who neither gave me alcohol as a child nor teen.  (I would have paid for that really) so I'm kidding. But REALLY? 8 bucks for a very very small beer I can't drink (wheat intolerant - yeah sucks to be me!) is not cool.  But the 3 nose bleed seats Roger could muster in addition to the GREAT seats he could have had were $18 bucks apiece!  I'm thinking in yarn terms - that's atleast a great scarf!  And then the $35 in soda and 1 nacho!

Why can't I just be cool with that?  I spent about 45 minutes in pissed off shock.  And then I realized I was wrecking it for the one person I should NOT wreck it for.  Roger.  On Father's Day.  Watching his team - with the family he decided to adopt.  At GREAT expense and trouble.  So I chilled the fuck out.  But why can't I just let this money thing go?  We won't starve and I have slightly more yarn than GOD does.  Help me here folks.  Perspective is needed.  Thanks.  and GN.

No comments:

Post a Comment