Thursday, June 17, 2010

Project Grandma - day 1

Okay so Roger's 93year old mom landed in Virginia yesterday.  She is now part of our home.  On first blush - I gotta say honestly all is well with my soul.  I know I would be delusional to think that there will not be speed bumps in this particular life's road (aren't there always?) but the dogs love her, the kids adore her and she kind of brings a vibe with her that is pretty interesting.  This has got to be weird for her though.  Up to 3 months ago she lived primarily alone - then she moved in with Roger's brother and wife who both work full time - no kids at home.  Now she's here among the dogs and the noise - gotta be a culture shock.  I hope it's a favorable one.  I am going to say this now just so I can't say it wasn't written down - I think I want her to just stay here.  No switching back and forth.  Unless she needs it (I'd like to live somewhere else now and then too!).  We will see, but this seems to be good.  Right now.  It seems to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment