Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have a Dream . . . .

Okay in light of Saturday's aura I just couldn't resist but really I do actually have a dream.  And I drive by it often.  It's a location.  A store.  Or really it wants to be a store.  My store.  My place of awesomeness unleashed.  My books, chocolate, coffee, music, sex, tanning, wine, yarn shop.  Yeah, it's a stretch.  But then so am I.  It's what I want so bad I can taste it - but have no freakin idea how to make it happen.  I can see it - I can see me in it - I can see it doing so well that my kids are working it because they get great tips - but I don't know how to get there.  Ya know?  How does the dream become the real?  I don't know the first thing about owning something like this - running something like this - but I know it could work because I've seen it - you know - working.  The location could not be better - um train station to yuppie ville DC - um hello - coffee - train - a.m. hot barristas (boy and girl) how can this not work?  Again - afternoon - hello - wine - hot sommelier ( boy and girl)  Did I mention amazing brand new condos above me?  How can this NOT work?  But that's how it won't work because it won't jump out of my head and create itself.  Unlike this blog it doesn't just jump from my fingers onto a page and make itself real.  Or at least something other than a FOR LEASE sign.  I know the one I want too.  It's a corner store.  I'd look at the fountain - probably have to pee a lot but it's gorgeous.  I just need my friend B to help me.  She'd probably have to quit her job and move to my house and we would start this store together and she could bring her dog and live in my daughter's room because Trinity would happily move in with her sister because then she would have a job and make lots of money after school . . . . hey I said I have a dream.  And it could happen.  Some dreams are lofty and involve peace and love and little children getting along.  Some dreams involve excellent music, coffee, chocolate, wine, yarn and books (not in alpha order or tanning or sex)  but that doesn't make them less valid - I'm just scared.  But there have been lesser cliffs I have stood on and shied from and bigger and happily plunged to the depths.  So it's not the cliff - it's the jumper here that is the difference.  "Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference." I have a dream.  And me - being me - will go at it sideways and unconventional.  But then - stranger things have happened. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment