Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't piss in your own bathwater

Ya know there just things I've heard or heard others say that just make me smile or laugh or go "WTF" but really it's the things that hit me mid-stream of thought that make me stop and go - "GD that was profound.  I need to write that shit down!"  And then I don't and it's gone. BUT, tonight, getting into my bath after "a day" and if you're caring for a 93 yr old MIL (not even my own momma sort of person) and 3 children - two of which girls and one of which is a boy who I actually tried to freakin fix his XBOX - you know that at the end of the day a bath is really all that will satisfy - and a bottle or two of wine!  So getting in I thought hmmmm - "Don't piss in your own bathwater!" Not because I wanted to - heck I had just peed - in toilet - but sort of in a profound - huh - that's what I need to NOT do sort of way. 

Now I am a huge fan of Moonstruck the Movie - Hell - if I thought Olympia Dukakis was gonna be playing my momma I'd do any stupid movie they threw my way. . . . and really Cher and I are like twins.  Yeah, twins only separated by the details of different egg and sperm!  But I digress (okay when don't I?) But Olympia/Rose offers that wisest of advise to her wanna be sex partner who's way too young for her and is sleeping with his college students and she knows who she is -but says "Don't shit where you eat!"  I really really like that saying - don't get me wrong - but it's different.  Don't shit where you eat is so in your face and yucky and well - it's eating shit.  Don't piss in your own bathwater - is well - subtle - THE B in subtle actually.  You CAN actually Piss in your own bathwater and no one will know - or care - and you won't even get sick.  But it's subtle.  It's nasty - to YOU.  It's not loving to you.  I'm not a huge - OH, give yourself a hug cuz you are so so special - sort of girl, but I am a "you matter so don't screw it up!" sort! 

We all matter. I matter.  I have 3 little people who really depend on me for more than just lunch.  I'm shaping the next HR managers (okay so I'm shooting for architect, actress, vet/actress but hey! kill me for dreaming!) but really we all matter even if it's to feed the cat across the street who needs it!  Pay attention.  Don't skimp on yourself if skimping is what you do - to you!  If you feed your own fat ass so much that you can't move well then this post isn't for you and my next post on MOVING that fat ass is!  I can also help that fat ass - since MOVE is kind of my mantra - and I'll do it in love and won't even charge you - That is how I roll - but anyway this Chautauqua is on being good so you live to the next day and can do more than just make lunch. 

Anyway - don't piss in your own bathwater.  It's true.  Just.  Don't and as the good book says The truth will set you free - even if it's 2+2 =4.  You feel free?  Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment