Monday, March 11, 2013

fan mail

oh my Lord Jesus I do wish.

So yeah I have a few followers but not all that many.  BUT that being said.  I'm still tossing this bone to anyone who wants to help this bitch out.  I need topics.

SO.  You toss a topic I will write it.  No matter how weird off the grid bizarre I'm game.  I actually live for this stuff.  You volley I WILL spike it back.  I guarantee.

TOnite was a gimme from the hubby sort...  Okay I was going to read but he felt guilty going to work so I said what if I wrote - would he feel as guilty and the obvious was no.  so here I am.  I'm just the genuine fixer that knows how humans typically work.

so the topic du noir is  . .   .  nostalgic movies.

Oh DEAR lord in heaven.   really?

Okay from the movies I SHOULD NOT HAVE SEEN to those I wish to GOD I had not. . . where do I start?

There are some really dumb things I love. and some dumb things I hate.  And then Moonstruck.

I know.

It's dumb.  I know it should not work.  On any level.  but.  I can quote it.  because it makes me laugh and then LAUGH really really loud.  and because I love Cher.  And Nicolas Cage.  and the grandpa with the epic eyebrows and dogs.  K

And then there is Rock n Roll HS.  Duh!!!

IT's the RAMONES.  If I have to it explain you would NOT get it.  IT's stupid on a pizza pie plate.  in spades.  BEYOND dumb.  REF ERR MADNESS only in the 80's.

TOday I watched Evil under The Sun.  Peter Ustinov in his fattest and most Belgian.   And Lady Chatterley's Lover.  Both bad.  and 80's but good in their remembering factor. and DH Lawrence and Agatha Christy have street cred.  Or at least Library shelf cred.

Mellor's. ugh.  yes please.  Bad Irish accent and all.  BUT I forgot how hot she was.  I'd do her over him any damn day.  And Lord Chatterley? - bad teeth and all.  sadly NO.  yuck.  complicated.  Yeah.  I get that.

There are so many movies I've been trying to find and weirdly last weekend I found Wings of Desire.  I finally got Roger to watch and it was me who wanted to cut it off because it was too hard to watch.  We soldiered on though and I'm glad he made me since it reminded me why I LOVE IT.

It's a movie in time and also out.  As a child who remembers her Grandparents speaking German more than English early on. . . it's a hard but easy thing.  Hearing German is hard since my grandparents swore at each other in that language.   German to me is the opposite of French.  French is female.  loving kind of caressing of the ear.  gentle.  German is male.  very hard phallic and course in it's sound. If you disagree . . . no you can't.  it's pretty basic. I don't dislike German.  It's my core.  BUT the sound of the language is hard.  Watch Monty Python.  Jesus.  The English get how hard German is.  it's just funny

So. . .  There are so many movies.

Nightmare on Elm Street.  yuck.

Clockwork Orange.  moving

Blade Runner. duh

Terminator and T2. yeah  I can do pull ups and push ups thanks to Catherine

All of the Merchant/Ivory movies.  I'm me.  thank you very fucking much

body heat?  meh

Romancing the Stone.  made me want to write and find out who the Dooby Brothers were.

and I fell in love with Michael Douglas

for five minutes

then I loved Johnny Depp

....

...

....

Daniel Craig could be a stop gap

Or Olivia Wilde.  Just saying



So.  I'm saying.  I'm a very very visual person but in a weird way. I FREAKING HATE the 3 stooges but LOVE the Marx brothers.  I LOVE Duck Soup.   That movie is from 1923!  Still watch  it often.


But well, There are so many things I won't watch.  I hate mean people being mean to each other.  I hate dumb for dumb sake. and sappy romantics.  NO Nicholas Sparks here.  I barely tolerated Twilight.  I could not even finish the stupid books.  But the movies finished it for me.  ok.

so.

topics love?   in order.  I will.  If you wanted to know what I think?  bring it.  I am in.






No comments:

Post a Comment