Saturday, December 17, 2011

Roasting bones and cooking rice.



Okay.  again.  if you are reading this -  you either know me, are sleeping with me, or some how tripped onto this blog by accident - (Hi - I'm Katie - I'm slightly weird - very cute - long red hair lol!!!) .  I am a food freak.  I like to make food for others to eat that I can't because I have stupid allergies.  Yeah.  it's complicated.  BUT the food I CAN eat - dear LORD JESUS I'm stupid - anal about.  Okay yeah  - anal and food - not a good combo - but I run a tight ship with my food.

I really hate food made by other's unless it's chinese or thai.  I have done the mexi Cafe Rio thing and thumbs up.  but I don't ever - ever - EVA eat fast food.  I just can't.  I can't eat in a moving vehicle while driving.  Yeah. I'm a freak. I'd rather go hungry rather than eat and drive. Texting? much more important.  Though I only do that at red lights officer. . .

So.  Where the hell am I going with this?  What I am saying is that I have some things down to a science.  I can make perfect.  Yes.  PERFECT. and i would add an f bomb here but I'm not drunk.  Perfect rice.  Jasmine only.  I buy it 20lbs at a crack cuz. . .   I'm me and I can't eat wheat.  SOooooooooo it's rice . . .  a lot.  I can tell you exactly how to make rice but until you have done it everyday for about 20 years it won't be perfect.  Firstly -  You take a measure.  You decide how much you want to make. Pick a vessel.  Put the rice in it but make sure your pot is WAY bigger.  put said amount of rice in vessel.  Wash in cold water.  Rinse. repeat. 6 times. Say happy thoughts and prayers over your rice and DON'T lose a grain or you will fail.  When your rice is assuaged of all evil and unearthly thoughts and weight - double the water of your rice measure.  and turn on high.  Let it come to a slow boil - cover and turn to less than low and go 15 minutes.  Turn off heat and rest 5 minutes.  This is just the recipe - you need to earn your rice merit badge on your own young jedi.  I am just the master.  :D

Roasting bones.  God!  God is in the marrow.  Until you have spread bone marrow on your bread (or in my case rice) and tasted the best that animal had to give - gah! - really - almost an orgasmic food experience - you just don't get "it" when it comes to food.  I will pretty much eat anything if somebody loves it - I'll freakin try it.  I have an American palate  - so,  forgive me,  some things go down hard but I'm not a sympathetic puker or eater = I'll try it!

If you get bone marrow - I am your friend.  serious.  It's better than butter cuz it's not dairy.  It's beefy goodness.  I am sorry - not a pork fan but that's another post.   I LOVES ME some cow.  And venison  - but again that's another post.  Bones.  need roasting.

Oxtails - and parts that have bones (necks et al . . . )   deal LORD roast them.  Marrow is amazing.  I make my beef roast as such.  I buy the biggest bottom round roast at least 4lbs.  Here (Manassas VA) in my Asian market (see below) 3.99  per lb.  I purchased also 20 lbs of beef shank roast and beef neck cuts - 2.19 per lb.  nice bone cuts. LOTS of fat and marrow.  I put it all in my roaster - 2 hrs with nothing but heat 350.  after that add your personal mirepoix.  I add baby carrots 1lb - one chopped onion - 2 lbs mushroom and 2 cups celery and then 3 cups burgundy and 3 cups beef broth.  cover and cook freakin forever.  ok - 4 hrs on 300.  then make rice. 

on a musical note.  if you have access to Iheartradio. make a station based on your favorite band.  omg. 
del amitri radio makes me go back to WLC in the best way.  just saying.  If you actually know me or are sleeping with me  - peace.  I'll do a Christmas blog soon. 

If I can impart any wisdom to anyone out there it's this.  If you find yourself in a city (read more than 1000 live bodies) find the nearest Asian/Hispanic market.  shop there. done.  You will find the freshest ripest best produce and meat available.  If you don't speak their language.  . .  learn it.  Lord you are smart or you wouldn't be HERE. Learn it.  learn enough to get the cuts you want and shop there enough to be known.  I am known. 

Well - um I have waist length FIRE red hair and frankly wear nice clothes that fit my body that can run many miles. Yes.  I make people remember me.  DO likewise.  GET what you want.  It's your money.  Put it in the hands of the people who give you the ingredients to make the food you personally want to eat.  period.  If it's fast food shit you want to eat.  try to make it not vile. 

stepping off of soap box now :D
Now if I can leave you with a thought . . . .  Love the ones you love.  And if someone you love is in pain. . . say a special prayer.  I am with you.  Tim. I am with you.  I'm praying. Sabrina.  you are an amazing woman.

Life is today.  Have good sex if you can - love up on those you love. Say big prayers and small ones - God gets it all and realizes we are just ants with souls.   Peace. 

oh and when you are roasting those bones - - - you can thank me later for what your house smells like.  people will just show up.  uninvited.  yeah.  that's where God is  - deep in the marrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment