Monday, May 31, 2010

Let them eat cake - okay Let ME eat cake!

Alright - for the record.  I am gluten, wheat and lactose intolerant.  If I freakin hear from my daughter that she feels bad for me as she happily munches a Panera Asiago Cheese bagel loaded with cream cheese again - I'm gonna punch someone because - I WANT ONEEEEEEEEEEE!  so that said - okay shouted.  Here is something that with a touch of lactaid - I can love - savor - hord - crave and yupppppp enjoy!

The cake that ends all cakes!

Chocolate Volcano Cake
Preheat to 375
here it is in all of it's simplicity - and lest you doubt me - make it just once and try - just try to not NOT eat more than you want to.  It's that good and that tempting and THAT FREAKIN good.  It will be your demise - I warned you and don't say I didn't. 

In a Micro safe bowl -  1 and just a hair over one half stick of butter.  Don't even try anything other than butter because the baking authority will pull you over and take your best bowl and pin.  Just sayin.  Mix in over half a bag of semi sweet chips.  Milk chocolate is for those who don't know better.  If you have the money spend it - it will be good.  If you don't - it will still be good.  I've done it and it's all good.  Melty melty in micro for like a min.  More is not good.

Stir like mad.  mix in 1 1/2 cup sugar.  stir like mad

now mix in an egg.  mix like mad.  again.  and again and again and again until you've added individually 5 eggs.    now add 1 TBS (you read that right) flour.  This is why I can eat this!

Here is the beauty part ( okay that was a really dumb play my ex and I saw in '89 in Milwaukee - but that's another show) grease a 8" metal pan and line with parchment.  Just do it or you will again be sorry.  AND then butter that too.  Put the batter in this pan and bake for 23 min.  Check for jiggly - you want a bit but not too much 2 min more is okay.

This is the volcano part.  Let cool.  YES YOU HAVE TO.  It will fill your kitchen with this siren song of "omg - do me right here in this chocolate perfume" but wait - okay don't have the sex - let the cake wait and just enjoy that later instead of a cigarette.  Chocolate is so much better than tobacco!

Cool and flip 2 times.  You really want the top to be the top and this cake is more fragile than Britney Spears - care must be taken!  This is oooooozy goooey cake and it will spill it's super sweet guts to you so enjoy.  It will freeze crazy well so wrap and enjoy but reheat 24 hours in advance and then enjoy.  I'd be lying if I said I have not made 5 of these in the last week.  Wish I was but - ugh.  I'm not.  my son ate a whole one.  I could too if given the chance.  It's cooling - watch me !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment