Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Number 2. What do you see?

We've done the ears.  "Music" to be exact.  I know so very many people who would rather lose sight than hearing since the loss of hearing  separates you on a very very different level.  I love love love hearing impaired and deaf people.  Their communication skills are awesome - - but here's the caveat - if they want them to be.  I know deaf people who want to fit in to the hearing world.  They learn lip reading, they sign also  - but lip reading and learning how to talk to "the hearing" is how they live.  There are also the deaf who live deaf.  It's a culture not unlike the hidden Hmong or Vietnamese or a million other illegal or legal but separate cultures within our borders.  I live as a mostly American English in a town of TOTALLY HISPANIC/KOREAN so wow.  I get it.  BUT they all mostly speak English.  My Spanish is getting better.  I digress.  Hearing is a thing that the loss of which makes you so so different - but no one really knows first off.  . . .
so, I'm purposely late to the game but hooked nonetheless.  I have totally fallen in love with shows - only to have them go (POOF!!!!!).  SO That being said I choose wisely these days.  Of course on the travel channel - anything Anthony, Andrew, Adam (my personal A team) do is great - now I have a Marcus - so so worth it.  Check him out.  Hidden City is great.  BUT I'm not talking reality - I like to exit my world of shirts and pants and pissed off customers who don't speak English - HAPPILY -  For Deep Louisiana and Vampires and sultry smoky sex and such. 

True Blood has stayed and I really don't care on being late to the game. I can buy it.  Yes please.  Sucked in?  Pun fully intended.

Glee is so tempting me - I started late and frankly cared for 5 minutes.  Then it started sucking HARD.  I'm told I can watch my back issues this year and all is ok.  TBD

Cathouse has me captivated.  Nuff said.

NOW movies.  I'm a total beyond stupid snob.  Forget it.  Tim would really watch anything.  To the end and be pissed that it ended bad.  I said, "didn't it look like it was gonna suck like 10 minutes in when I was watching?"  "Yeah, was hoping it improved."  I like life and my time more than watching a dumb movie.  DOES that say something about my character?  I won't invest if you (movie) bore me early on.  I will only step into something that captivates me.  Boring?  Move to the left.  I don't have life or exercise or sewing or kid or knitting time to waste on crap.  I could be cooking or writing.  BYE.  big letters.

THAT said.  Roger has dangled the ultimate carrot before my nose.  NETFLIX.  on any tv, mac product (and they are legion in this freaking house - married to the techie don't cha kno).  Okay so Rog, Any movie I want when I snap my fingers - before my eyes right before I have to run 18 miles to train for this dumb marathon I personally signed up for? Yup.  Damn. 

Here's my list.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
While you Where Sleeping
Dead Poets Society
Princess Bride
Moonstruck
Pretty Woman
Grease 2
(yeah you read that one right)
Rocky Horror
The muppet movie (yeah the old one)
Mulan (Christina's singing and great plot - yup)

Okay these are the 10 movies I can recite VERBATIM.  And I'm not kidding.  Ask Roger.

Best movies I've only seen a few
Chocolat
Water for Chocolate
Wings of desire
The Piano

I can't watch nasty people being nasty to each other.  Call me PollyAnna.  But I can't do horror and no Rocky Horror doesn't come close.  Camp is - well.  Camp.

Roger is all about a few movies and I will follow.  Mercury Rising is one of them.  My son has been diagnosed with Aspberger "like" symptoms - yeah well thanks .  . . BUT it helps in school. The boy in Mercury Rising is full on autistic.  I get some of that.  I do. 

Bruce is in it.  That makes me smile. 

I like who I like.  just sayin.

My favorite books are Jitterbug Perfume/Room with a view/Cleaving/Lady Chatterly's/Too many knitting or cook books to count . . . ugh.  I haven't finished Hunger Games though.  Liked it a ton.  Hugo was also awesome before my benevolent DAUGHTER gave it to a friend out from under me :D  LOVE YOU.  I can't say if I had to lose a sense what it would be.  I think I would pick hearing - hope I never have to find out.  ya see?

No comments:

Post a Comment