Sunday, May 13, 2012

50 shades of....





It's been a time times and half a time since I wrote or at least that's how it's felt.  The last time I was inspired I was blocked by my husbands time constraints on my account.  That did not end well. SO.  Today is kind of 50 shades of today. me.  I could write an angry nasty gram to the things that are under my skin today but I choose different. I choose a road that suits me  . . today. 

The knife feels so nice - comfortable in my hand.  It's razor sharp.  I know.  I just made it so.  German people make really nice things.  They understand function AND form.  I like that.  I am hungry.  Twitchy hungry even and I know what I want and I know what I have to do to get it.  A drive to that certain store that sells it.  My family will  be horrified like they always are.  I want it.  Need it even.  Why I am not sure but really don't care - as a carnivore of the first sort it really doesn't matter I want it.  Pig is cheaper but I don't eat Pig.  Ever.  Jesus didn't and I just can't.  He didn't send shrimp or lobster over a cliff.  I just can't.  But Beef.  yeah.  that's what I need.  not a steak though.  I need more.  I need what matters.  Not a filter, not liver, not stomach not any muscle.  . . I need THE muscle.  Nothing but heart will satisfy.  Yes shrimp and ribs will follow but I need heart.  now.  I really don't know why.  I just NEEDED it.

Is it an important thing that I'm missing some weird iron suppliment or random nutrient? Perhaps.  Don't care.  I just needed it.  Why do certain foods compel and then repel people?  It's so interesting to me.  I will try anything but chow mein noodles since as a child I ate rancid ones and can't ever and that one bad tequila weekend . . . but besides that . . . . I have wheat intolerance and lactose intolerance so there's a lot I just can't do but what I can I am so game for.  I don't understand grown people who won't even do the "no thank you bite" which is what I made my kids do.  really?  try it.  once if home cooked and then again professionally cooked - it may be better.  I've had bad REALLY bad liver.  and amazing liver yum inducing - happy  noise inducing.  yes.  liver.  it is possible.  trust me.  heart is better.  WAY better.  but no one eats it.  I don't understand.  Why is it a shoulder or ass or leg is "OK" but the heart is gross?   Or the tongue?  really?  Tongue is amazing and not just in person :D really it's a great cut but WE as stupid American's don't try.  I'm trying to be a bigger person this year.  Bigger mom - bigger wife - bigger writer and certainly bigger runner.  I want to get faster - closer to the bone.  More in tune with who I am as a woman.  I certainly love where I am - geographically - personally is harder - I'm a harsh critic.  I want to be more but have to still the voices in my head and decide who to follow.  I want to be way more.  There may be a degree or two on the forefront.  and perhaps a new life.  maybe.  again.  50.

No comments:

Post a Comment