Monday, May 16, 2011

So sorry your Mother in Law is dead - here's $30

OMG - I so do not mean disrespect to my family in anyway but it's so funny that I just have to point out the difference between the midwest and any place else on the planet.  Or maybe it's just that the south does it their own par- tic- ular way (I'm southern now - not by birth but by choice - makes me a bit of a bastard I think) but hey - your MIL died - she was worth more than Rockefeller - here's a $20 to take the edge off.  I love my sweet family.  You can't ship a green bean casserole but by God $20 travels just fine.  I don't quite get it but yet - I do.  It's the "I can't help she died - but here's something I can do!" I love it so much it makes me want to hug them all so sweetly - and I guess that was the point.  But fact of the matter is that it was not MY personal mom who died so I am just a bystander in this particular parade.  I am trying to take this whole experience with a huge grain of salt to be as unbiased as possible - but really - it is what it is and life and death hit us all at different points and places.  I find it sweet and humbling.  Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment